BMW M5

Don
I have looked at these but something didn't quite do it for me , been looking at a B10 V8S 4.8 Alpina on a 02 plate for £23k , problem is 80k miles :( , if it was 5 grand more but only had 30k on ot I may have been interested

Soldato
Rotty said:
I have looked at these but something didn't quite do it for me , been looking at a B10 V8S 4.8 Alpina on a 02 plate for £23k , problem is 80k miles :( , if it was 5 grand more but only had 30k on ot I may have been interested

You dont want to do that ;)

Caporegime
Rotty said:

Surely for £23k you'd be after an e39 M5? (and what a beauty that would buy!)

I know Alpinas are special, but, I don't recall the B10 making the same stir the M5 did, I'm happy to stand corrected though. :)

Last edited:
Don
it was only a thought as I had seen it , I have one or two other cars ahead of a 5 series as my main choices , I may keep the Scooby a while longer as they are not fetching good money at the moment

Man of Honour
Rotty said:

You'd pay 5k more just for the same age of car with 50k less miles? :confused:

Utterly bizarre, what for? You realise you'll never see that £5k back in incresaed residuals, and other than that, both cars will be identical, right?

You wont find many low mileage E39's because you didn't spend 30-60 grand on one of the worlds finest executive saloons to pop to and from the shops on a twice weekly basis. You did it to cover massive mileage, effortlessly.

Soldato
OP
Car will be insured in TW11...

I presume anything like the E55 etc is going to be just as harsh to run? Just the fact of owning such a beast is the appeal :D

Don
[TW]Fox said:
You'd pay 5k more just for the same age of car with 50k less miles? :confused:

well whatever the going rate was , If I but a car with 80k on and keep it for 3 years then ( rightly or wrongly ) it will be near on unsaleable at the end

Associate
Rotty said:
well whatever the going rate was , If I but a car with 80k on and keep it for 3 years then ( rightly or wrongly ) it will be near on unsaleable at the end

I'd have thought an M5 would certainly be saleable? Besides those kind of cars don't depreciate like a stone

Soldato
LeoWyatt said:
I'd have thought an M5 would certainly be saleable? Besides those kind of cars don't depreciate like a stone

maybe not once they reach 16k but obviously the depreciation is very brick like in the first 5 years.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I was following a V8S the other day, looked pretty smart, the usual Alpina understated looks with those nice wheels :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I'd follow what Fox has said on this budget, but with a 540i Sport.

The 540i is hugely faster than the 30i, even if the 0-60 figures dont show it off as much as they should, the 0-100 performance is in a different league altogether and lets face it, thats what matters on a car like this.

You will get the looks and a lot of the performance, but for greatly reduced running costs, mainly in the way of insurance (540i insurance is CHEAP!), but you will also not have the mechanical worries of having an early M5. I realise that it is not as good, but come on, it does 0-100 in 13 seconds, its still a very quick car.

Soldato
OP
Anyone got comments on an e55?

Else the 540i sounds like a good idea :)

edit -

14950 - yum

2002 BMW 5 SERIES 540i Sport 4dr Auto Saloon,
75,000 miles, Blue, grey lthr. 52-plate. M-tec trim. Full spec inc tv, b-tooth, sat-nav, elec multi function steering wheel, s-roof, parking sensors, auto lights and w/wipers, autochanger, memory sports seats. New warranty, tax and mot. Full BMW service history. Extra set of new tyres and just serviced (inspection 2). Great car but new car arriving. No canvassers. £14,950. ono

Back
Top Bottom