BMW M5

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
E55 for this budget will again be ropey and the old shape which IMO doesnt look that good in comparison to the 5's. I highly doubt that they are as good to drive too. AMG merc's also have a very "indian" image :D Not necessarily a bad thing but you may be the brunt of that sort of jokes if you have friends like that!

Get the 540i Sport :)

Soldato
Jez said:
E55 for this budget will again be ropey and the old shape which IMO doesnt look that good in comparison to the 5's. I highly doubt that they are as good to drive too. AMG merc's also have a very "indian" image :D Not necessarily a bad thing but you may be the brunt of that sort of jokes if you have friends like that!

Get the 540i Sport :)
Totally agree on that one,
A silver E- class is typical LMAO

Soldato
I think you'd get an ok E55 - looking on trader there are quite a lot about. But its quite old fashioned and the interior is nowhere near as nice as the M5.

Man of Honour
Jez said:
I'd follow what Fox has said on this budget, but with a 540i Sport.

The 540i is hugely faster than the 30i, even if the 0-60 figures dont show it off as much as they should, the 0-100 performance is in a different league altogether and lets face it, thats what matters on a car like this.

540i does not handle as well as the 530i though, as the 530i has rack and pinion steering whereas this setup wouldn't fit with the V8's so it has an old style recirculating ball system..

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Hmm, wonder if its really noticable? Have to blag a drive in a 30i and see at some point.

I probably wont notice, but then i wouldnt have the guts to really hammer a test drive car.

Soldato
OP
Just got off the phone with a friend slightly older and very financially secure who has offered his time to accompany myself to test the many E39's :)

Been accepted for the loan I want at 6.7% so all looking good :D

Soldato
Teledude said:
Just got off the phone with a friend slightly older and very financially secure who has offered his time to accompany myself to test the many E39's :)

How does your friends finances come into it? :confused:

Soldato
D4VE said:
How does your friends finances come into it? :confused:

obviously people who are financially secure cand give the best test drive advice :confused: ;)

(have to say i was wondering the same thing!)

Soldato
Teledude said:

I think he means that he himself has been accepted!

Soldato
OP
Because many dealers become much more friendly to people that can walk in and be able to buy anything.... as many people on this here forum know :)

Back
Top Bottom