Bomb Iran?

Associate
Iran is essentially a Shia Muslim country (a minority in the middle east) - it would be quite straight forward for military action against them to occur without "overall" Muslim retaliation occurring. I think the majority of countries in the middle east (especially Saudi Arabia) wouldn't be averse to military action if it was done in a way that could be seen as protecting not only Israel but other Sunni countries.

Don't be in any doubt though - this does concern the UK, read up on your history with regards to the formation of Israel post WW2.

Associate
C) Sadly Israel is the only state capable of doing it without a huge public outcry.

People need to realize freedom isn’t free.

It costs lives.

Islamic fundamentalism is the greatest treat ever to humanity.

People need to realize & accept this that the only way to deal with this treat is force as this is the only way.

Appeasement doesn’t work.

Soldato
Well whoever really helped Israel aquire Nuclear Technology i.e. The British & Americans, I guess that was to help prevent anyone invading Israel because nearly all countrys in the Middle East hated Israel.

India & Pakistan have had Nukes ages, no one told them they coudnt have them etc & those 2 countrys arent exactly bumming each other like America & UK.

Russia, China, UK, France, America well we've all had them 40+ years & have kept the peace all this time so fair enough i.e. no World Wars / Nuclear Weapons used.

I think the main worry is not the fact that Iran or any other country has Nuclear weapons, its the worry that they could easily get into Terrorist hands.

Imagine this a 15KT similar to Hiroshima / Nagasaki loaded onto a Tanker or whatever & set to go off soon as it enters a UK port, that would easily wipe out the Town where I live of 88,000 population.

Now this has happend with Iran it stated they could now make 1 Nuclear Bomb per year with this amount of production facilitys, none of us do anything I would put my money on it that ISRAEL will attack Irans Facilitys they wont **** about.

Iran will probally launch hundreds of conventional missiles at Israel & then we will have an exchange, I just hope other countrys dont get involved as it's none of our business then, Israel is more than capable of holding it's own against Iran.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think the main worry is not the fact that Iran or any other country has Nuclear weapons, its the worry that they could easily get into Terrorist hands.

I don't agree. I don't think if Iran developed nukes it'd be easy for them to get into terrorist hands, why on earth would Iran have lax security with them?

What I am concerned about is with nuclear weapons Iran can go and do whatever it likes. Annex part of Iraq? Easy. What are the west going to do? Nothing. Iran has a lot of oil on it's borders, if it aquires that territory, and we're unable to respond then it will be able to trade it, no matter what sanctions we bleat on about.

Soldato
2. Build weapons bigger than theirs. They'll know that the second they think of using their nuke we will jack them. Cold War etc.

There is a problem with that though, some of the very religious hard-liners want to see the end of the "world" as it's supposed to be the 2nd coming of Muhammad.

Permabanned
I really cannot see Israel nuking people for a start...

They wont. If anything Israel will put into opertaion the long-range conventional strike they've been rehearsing and bomb the two 'enrichment' plants off the face of the planet. The only thing that could throw a spanner in the works is Israel's lack of a 'safe' A2A refuelling option.

Soldato
launch a ground invasion of iran

That would be fun for all of five minutes.

People need to realize freedom isn’t free.

It costs lives.

Islamic fundamentalism is the greatest treat ever to humanity.

People need to realize & accept this that the only way to deal with this treat is force as this is the only way.

Appeasement doesn’t work.

This argument is crazy. What exactly are you suggesting, total war with Iran?

Soldato
i think we should take the nukes away from the US, they have used it before and more than once.
and saved 100s of thousands of innocent life's ? they should use them more often. would sort afghanistan out for a start. surprised the russians never did it

Man of Honour
some of the very religious hard-liners want to see the end of the "world" as it's supposed to be the 2nd coming of Muhammad.

Could you picture this when he dose not turn up for the end of the world prayer meeting?

ITN

And at a press confrence today in the mid-east post nuclear war refugee camps Iran's top remaining muslim scholars were announcing they have decided to convert to judaism. The announcment follows months of infighting within the religion after the prophet muhammad failed to arrive for a 2nd coming. After months of deliberation it was decided the religion should be disbanded and there should be a switch to judaism as it seemed the least corrupt of all local mid-east religions and closest to the house of abraham.

And its satire!, so hold off with the flamers.

Back
Top Bottom