Bookface and such sites

~J~

~J~

Soldato
nothing wrong with facebook but ****er on the other hand :rolleyes:

To be fair, I was in the boat that just didn't get Twitter, but having forced myself to use it the past few weeks (and despite me posting crap for the most), I do believe I've found what it's about.

Definately an incredible way to keep in touch, and the fact you can hashtag a topic and/or see what everyone else is talking about at the click of a button is pretty useful.

Associate
I have a Facebook account that I never use - I have about 40-50 friend requests as a result. I can just never be arsed to sign in and accept them when I get the emails.

When people ask me if I have Facebook (those who haven't already tried to add me), I just say no because responding with "I do, but haven't got any friends due to a lack of effort to accept invitations" sounds a bit silly. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough, though, I've never once been asked by anyone who has tried to add me why I haven't accepted their invitation. Weird.

Man of Honour
Up until relatively recently I avoided Facebook at all costs but it got to the point where avoiding it was more hassle than it was worth because it is a relatively easy way to keep in contact with friends or acquaintances who I don't have other details for. I still don't use it a huge amount but for certain circumstances it has been entirely worthwhile.

Soldato
I use Facebook. Why? Easy and hassle free to get in touch with people, share pictures, opinions and arrange stuff to do. I don't see a problem with it.

Twitter on the other hand, I don't have an account for. However, I use their main page to search for various topics e.g. "Facebook" to see if its just me who has issues accessing it or "Mighty Boosh" to see what the latest news is regarding that. My own life isn't interesting enough to have a twitter account, I barely update my Facebook status as it is.

Still, I see the 'point' of these social networking sites, and people who are quick to critique them have usually never tried them themselves.

Back
Top Bottom