Booking a Skiing Holiday (how does it work?)

Soldato
Hello, I asked briefly in another thread and a Don pointed me to www.skideals.com which is great, but how do ski holidays work?

I can see a load of prices but im guessing these are just flights and accom.
Or do they tend to include ski passes and equiptment hire (as I have no ski's etc.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, when is the best time of year to go, obviously winter but is it still snowy in summer or does it suck?

thanks

Man of Honour
Flights and accommodation are self explanatory, you will also need tranfer fromthe airport as, rather obviously, airports aren't usually at the top of a mountain.

If you haven't been skiing before it would probably be best if you book some lessons, this can be done easily over the interweb or you could organise it when you arrive. Most lesson packages will include skis, lift pass and instruction. If not, then there will be plenty of hire shops who will help you with fitting out etc. and buying ski pass (the expensive bit) is just like buying any other ticket.

As for snow, winter is always best for snow ( ;) ) but it will depend on where you are going. USA/Canada have a slightly earlier season than Europe but there is not much in it. Anytime in the next month and you should be fine.

The most important thing to remember about ski holidays is Ibruprofen to ease the aches and pains and the hangover from hard partying. Apres ski is just as much fun as ski. :)

Back
Top Bottom