Booking my test monday (Hopefully) but with a twist

Soldato
I have decided to do it in my own car, as its easier to do the menouvers in :p im having a few lessons in it with my instructor before my test, so im gonna book it so i can take it in around 4 weeks time, i want to know what you guys think about this and what state of mind the examiner is likley to take with me being in my own car (ie the fact he wont have duel controls lol) I feel comfortable driving my car, more than my instructors Focus, ive had about 15 lessons and 300+ miles of private practice in my own car (93 Cinquecento :p)

Will the examiner be more strict if that makes more sense because of the fact that im not using a DI car?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I did my test in my Fiat, after I decided that my instructor's car was a dangerous heap of junk* that should never have been released for sale (Nissan Almera).

*I'm not joking either. The steering, brakes, gearbox, clutch, throttle pedal and suspension felt awful, the car was uncommunicative in every single way, and it should have been destroyed before it ever went near a road.

Soldato
I passed my test in my old Nova 1.2, they don't care what car your in as long as it's safe and insured. You might want to get an extra mirror for the examiner as well.

Failed 1st time in my instructors Focus Diesel, just drive in what you are comfortable with.

Soldato
I passed my test in my own car, bit cheaper... and you get to drive home in your own car right after the test! It won't make any difference to the examiner - they are looking at whether you can drive, it doesn't matter if it's a brand new Merc or a 93 Cinquecento.

Back
Top Bottom