1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booking train tickets, self service ticket machines. A question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whackeygrunt, 8 Oct 2009.

1. Whackeygrunt

Gangster

Hi all.

I'm using a website to book some return tickets for me and my sister for a journey next weekend that's departing from Darlington station and have a nagging question.

I can book the tickets so that I can collect them at the departing station (Darlington) but I need to know how long I have to go to said ticket machine and collect my tickets. I can't actually get there till next Friday (I want to book today) so idealy I want to collect them then in time for Saturday (the next day).

Any help?

Cheers.

2. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

you can collect them any time, you just need your booking number and card you ordered with. you could do it just before your train should that save you making 2 trips going to the train station...

3. Whackeygrunt

Gangster

^ Thank you. Was not sure how it worked. I was thinking you only had a limited time window to collect them.

4. meghatronic

Capodecina

SOMETIMES it asks for your booking number, sometimes it doesn't. I've been caught about before and was pleased I had my iPhone on me so could find my emial.

I usually allow 20mins before my train to collect tickets as they ALWAYS leave early and there is ALWAYS a queue. Might not be problems at Darlington though.