Boot issues fans throttle, blank screen. (help needed)

Associate
Component list:
Intel Core i5 9600k (CPU)
Gigabyte B360 HD3 (MOBO)
Gigabyte GTX 1660 super (GPU)
500W power supply

Issue:
When I first turned it on it loaded into bios, however it did not boot into windows. I then noticed the CPU power cable not in, I plugged it in then tried to turn it back on. However it now shows nothing.
I first thought initially it would be a bios issue as it was originally intended for 8th Gen, however I'm suspecting worse (The motherboard shows a red LED for CPU I have looked for what it means but i haven't come across a solution)(edit)(there were no identifiable bios beeps)

Soldato
Hello
You need F11 bios for that board to run 9600k if you didn't know that already.
I suggest booting with one stick of RAM & on integrated graphics if you can.

You could have bent the odd CPU pin on the board, they are very fragile & it does happen. That or the CPU cooler is to tight if you are using a 3rd party cooler.

Associate
OP
I followed your instructions of checking the CPU pin, and I reinstalled the CPU fan, Booting with one stick of ram I get a different type of thing, instead of all fans coming on and the pc (I assume rebooting) after the reboot the CPU fan was the only one on.
Now all fans run at the same time the pc reboots and it continues to do that, I have noticed the red LEDs now show up as Vram instead of CPU prior
I can't get access to the bios to upgrade it as nothing is displayed on my monitor.

Back
Top Bottom