Borderlands

Soldato
when i saw the first trailer for this aeons ago..i thought "Great a mad max inspired free roaming rpg gta-esque game!!

i dont think that anymore....will no one pick up the gauntlet that Carmageddon threw down so many years ago?

Associate
Was too interested in this at first but the more i see of it the more i like it. Not too sure how open world it is but it looks pretty big and 4 player co-op should be fun, apparently the game mixes weapons up as well.

It takes bits from every weapon style and puts then in one gun. So you could have a shotgun that fires mini rockets or acid, how well that works remains to be seen but the devs said there's about 18 million different combinations. Think this is out in oct and mw2 in nov isn't it?

Permabanned
Looks good but sounds like a game that'd benefit quite a lot from having a keyboard, at least for the co-op as then everybody has a way to communicate.

Caporegime
Surely that's the same with every game though? I wouldn't say this needs a headset any more than COD, L4D, Halo or any of the other big multiplayer games. Most people will be playing with friends or people on here probably.

Permabanned
Surely that's the same with every game though? I wouldn't say this needs a headset any more than COD, L4D, Halo or any of the other big multiplayer games. Most people will be playing with friends or people on here probably.

Co-op games benefit from people communicating more than online shooters do. (since on them you can just run and gun to some success) Aside from Valve games generally being better on PC one of the main reasons I got it on PC was because everybody has that basic communication, which is rather important when doing expert campaigns.

Not sure about Borderlands but a staff member at Giant Bomb said the PC version is a lot better too and not just because of better visuals.

Back
Top Bottom