1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by biron_w, 13 Sep 2009.

1. biron_w

Sgarrista

Can't see any posts on this game and it looks rather good http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/home
    An RPG shooter.With 4 player co-op.
    They recently changed the art direction and I think it looks pretty good now.
    Shame it's getting released around the same time as MW2:(

2. Surfer

Capodecina

when i saw the first trailer for this aeons ago..i thought "Great a mad max inspired free roaming rpg gta-esque game!!

i dont think that anymore....will no one pick up the gauntlet that Carmageddon threw down so many years ago?

3. Proc

Wise Guy

Was too interested in this at first but the more i see of it the more i like it. Not too sure how open world it is but it looks pretty big and 4 player co-op should be fun, apparently the game mixes weapons up as well.

It takes bits from every weapon style and puts then in one gun. So you could have a shotgun that fires mini rockets or acid, how well that works remains to be seen but the devs said there's about 18 million different combinations. Think this is out in oct and mw2 in nov isn't it?

4. Tom84

Capodecina

In two minds whether to get this or not, it's currently cheaper than most games (£34.99) and looks like it could be quite good, kinda like XIII on the old PS2

5. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

I've got a feeling I'm going to let this slip and pick it up when it's cheaper. Just too many titles around this time of year to get.

6. Margaret

PermaBanned

Looks good but sounds like a game that'd benefit quite a lot from having a keyboard, at least for the co-op as then everybody has a way to communicate.

7. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

voice chat?

8. Margaret

PermaBanned

Not everybody uses voice chat, I thought that much was obvious.

9. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

On 360? The vast majority do i would have said, and it's not expensive to buy a headset if you don't have one. As for PS3, well get it on 360 :p

10. Margaret

PermaBanned

On any platform, they may own a headset but a lot decide to not bother talking or even bother plugging it in.

11. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

Surely that's the same with every game though? I wouldn't say this needs a headset any more than COD, L4D, Halo or any of the other big multiplayer games. Most people will be playing with friends or people on here probably.

12. Margaret

PermaBanned

Co-op games benefit from people communicating more than online shooters do. (since on them you can just run and gun to some success) Aside from Valve games generally being better on PC one of the main reasons I got it on PC was because everybody has that basic communication, which is rather important when doing expert campaigns.

Not sure about Borderlands but a staff member at Giant Bomb said the PC version is a lot better too and not just because of better visuals.

13. Wyrdo

Capodecina

Yeah I saw that, that's put me off getting it for the 360 - PC for me.