Borderlands

Soldato
I didn't even see that screenshot Tefal. :p

It does look better in motion I just don't see why they've cell shaded lots of stuff. It looks better without it. The game looks really fun though so I think I can bypass the graphics as we all know it isn't everything. :)

Soldato
Aint really been following this game, but just looked at a handful of videos and previews and i have to say its a preorder for me:)

EDIT: There just hit the preorder button on steam and also a copy for my bro....last week i preordered l4d 2 for me and my brother, this is an expensive month.

Last edited:
Associate
Just hoping that the cartoon-esque shades are optional like it is with SF4 as I'm not overly struck by that sort of style.
Even the screen posted by Tefal has some rather heavy shading on the character on the right hand side on the pic.

I'm actually holding fire on the pre-order now. For the sake of saving £2-3 I'd rather know if Im going to like what style they finally decide on.

Associate
first big name 3d production game? :p

Wasn't TF2 mostly hand drawn textures scanned in?

I dont mind the new art style though though from screenshots I prefer the old style. Who knows though it may fit the game more, plus atleast it sets it apart from the usual green,grey,brown we get to much of nowadays.

Associate
Hmm, I think I'll retract what I said above, the cartoon/shadey effect is actually quite effective after watching those videos, and its not quite as heavy as what I first thought by looking at some of those stills.

Guess I'll be pre-ordering now :p

Caporegime
Hmm, I think I'll retract what I said above, the cartoon/shadey effect is actually quite effective after watching those videos, and its not quite as heavy as what I first thought by looking at some of those stills.

Guess I'll be pre-ordering now :p

yeah it seems much more cartoony in the pictures.

Although I can see myself making lots and lots of awesome desktops from screenshots :D

Klo

Klo

Soldato
I personally like the look, its a bit different from the generic graphics they were going to go with. Hopefully the game play is good!

Caporegime
I personally like the look, its a bit different from the generic graphics they were going to go with. Hopefully the game play is good!

yeah I like the more hand drawn look with scribbles/hashes over the normal smooth cell shading.

Back
Top Bottom