Bosch Dishwasher - E15 Error Woes

Associate
Hi all,

Can anyone offer some advice on a dishwasher problem we're having?

A brief history; Last week our integrated dishwasher (Bosch) threw up an E15 and E23 error code. The E23 code went away as soon as I replaced the pump. Sadly, the E15 code remains; At the end of a cycle, the pump runs continuously even though there is no water left inside the machine. Having taken the side panel off, I can see the plastic container is full of water so perhaps it is trying to empty this?

When the dishwasher is out and tilted backwards slightly, the error code disappears, the pump stops and the machine will run without fault on any cycle. As soon as the dishwasher is positioned upright, as it's meant to sit under the kitchen counter, the E15 error appears.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with the float switch, but I'm not entirely sure where to go from here.

The fact I can make it work simply by leaning it backwards by 5 degrees makes me think it's a simple fix.

Thanks for any advice :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I am no expert but i have fixed a lot of appliances with strange issues like this, including a couple of faulty float switch issues.

If its anything like my bosch washers have been, the float switches are transparent. The best thing you can do is run it through a cycle while tilted and compare what all the switches do compared with when its upright.

Potentially another part to monitor from the same angle as above: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP10PGB88dY

Last edited:
Soldato
defiantly float switch, there will be water in the bottom of the dishwasher potentially from a leaking door seal.

if there isn't then the switch is just faulty/stuck try poking it and see if the pump stops running

Permabanned
What model dishwasher is this?

Does the tank happen to be plastic at the bottom and steel for the rest?

Last edited:
Permabanned
defiantly float switch, there will be water in the bottom of the dishwasher potentially from a leaking door seal.

if there isn't then the switch is just faulty/stuck try poking it and see if the pump stops running

If there is water in the base that I can confidently say that 999/1000 the door seal is not the issue. ;)

Back
Top Bottom