Bought a secondhand case (Enermax) - How to mount 3.5 HDD without rails??

Associate
I bought a great second hand ATX case; I know it's an Enermax but don't know what model - maybe an MSI gaming branded Ostrog? But it came without any 3.5" or 2.5" mounting rails for hard drives. I know it probably doesn't matter so much for my SSDs which will sit happily loose with no moving parts to speak of, but I'd like to secure my standard SATA drives as best as possible.

Without going for a bodge with zip ties, anyone know whether it's possible to buy rails that will fit the Enermax case? I couldn't find any standard online and don't know whether rails like these are custom to the case manufacturer or whether any will fit....??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here's some pics for possible identification (obviously the 2 x 3.5" HDDs I've just shoved in there for reference; that's hopefully not how they'll mount :D):

TQ0Yhgu.jpg

z1gKvGO.jpg
cg4cK7m

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
OP
Well it was great in that it cost me $50 and had a $100 motherboard sitting in it that I just sold....! But it'll certainly do for me getting my computer back up and running in the USA.

Thanks for finding the model; I'll email them and see what they say!

Soldato
Well it was great in that it cost me $50 and had a $100 motherboard sitting in it that I just sold....! But it'll certainly do for me getting my computer back up and running in the USA.

Thanks for finding the model; I'll email them and see what they say!

yes that is good..

worst case convert the 5.25 bays to 3.5/2.5 … google Akasa 2.5/3.5 - 5.25-Inch Mounting Adapter

Associate
OP
Great minds certainly think alike because before I even saw your reply I’ve just come back from my local PC recycler with a 2.5“/3.5 inch to 5.25 inch HD adapter tray! :) going to see if this fits (it should because thankfully the case still came with all of its tooless optical drive mounting rails!) and if it works out I’ll go back and buy a couple more for my other drives. Thanks again for the assistance :)

Back
Top Bottom