Brand new PC £1000 or less >> Double monitor & best GPU

Associate
Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a brand new setup for around £1000.

I would love duel monitor and the best of what ££ can buy.
Open to any brand or any make.
It is for my little brother, and he has no PC knowledge at all, yet he wants one desperately.

I will be used for mid range gaming to AAA games, but prob not Crysis 3. I know he would love to play Ghost Reckon Wildlands, but it doesn't really matter about high settings

He have keyboard and mouse but will need a case.

Currently he has a laptop which is out of date and can not play the games he really wants to.

Can anyone please advise us? Please spec anything and everything you can think of.

Price can go as high as £1500

Many thanks

JP

Man of Honour
don't know why exactly you'd want a 2 monitor setup. so i've left some spare in the budget (but i don't know if you can run g-sync with 2 monitors - you'll need to research that)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,372.02 (includes shipping: £14.10)​

only downside is that the gpu eta is a month away :/

Associate
OP
This is a great setup, thank you @ tamzzy

Do you think that the GPU should be better for the price point? And the monitor? could he get away with a less high end spec?

I don't think there is any thing he can do unless he went 2nd hand, but any advise could really help.

Cheers

Associate
This is a great setup, thank you @ tamzzy

Do you think that the GPU should be better for the price point? And the monitor? could he get away with a less high end spec?

I don't think there is any thing he can do unless he went 2nd hand, but any advise could really help.

Cheers
All gpus are overpriced atm.
As for the monitor you could go for cheaper and lose the gsync but that monitor is a good price

Man of Honour
np @JunglePioneer

Do you think that the GPU should be better for the price point?
defintely, yes. prices are silly at the moment

And the monitor?
monitor is worth it - in gsync terms. (gsync always had the nvidia tax)
and going down the nvidia route as amd doesnt have anything remotely competitive price/perf currently means one is resigned to pay the nvidia tax for variable refresh sync

as @Lordgrayone says, prices in the enthusiast computing world is cray cray at the moment, i would recommend avoid splashing out on new components/new computer currently (unless you have to)
wait if you can

Soldato
It's a shame, just before mining boom and Vega 3rd party ARDS. Could pick up a Vega 56 for £400 and 1440p freesync for £200 .

What a job it was listing systems around that month too ;(

Back
Top Bottom