Bridge Camera

Associate
OP
Just trying out a few things to get the hang of it :)

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Associate
OP
After 7 months of using the camera the usb port stopped working, the rest of the camera worked fine, but it wouldn't do anything when plugged into a PC :(. So we took it back to Jessops in Taunton and they checked it over and confirmed it was faulty.

The chap behind the counter said it would need to be sent back to Canon for a repair (4 weeks ish turnaround) which was a bit of bad news for us as we emigrate to Australia at the beginning of August, so rather than risking not getting our camera back in time, he swapped it on the spot for a brand new one!

I just thought I would post this to highlight the fantastic service we got from Jessops :)

* Also picked up a 50mm 1.8 just before we left the shop as well :)

Soldato
I would skip the UV filter - unnecessary when shooting digital and another piece of glass between the front lens element and the shot will not enhance the overall result. Instead, get a lens hood for the lens and leave it on all the time when shooting and this can directly improve photos.

It keeps the front element clean, reduces the chance of minor damage to the front and also means that there's less hassle if some numpty puts their fingers all over the glass. The IQ won't change, no, but it also keeps the front element in resellable condition, generally meaning the lens retains about the cost of the UV filter in value, more for more expensive lenses.

Back
Top Bottom