**British Armed Forces Discussion Thread**

Underboss
Sure there's plenty of civilians that could be replaced with regulars. That would save some money. The bloated offices full of civilians that have a plethora of "managers" "supervisors" and "team leaders" that could be replaced with a small contingent of JR's and an SNCO. No longer would I have to hear the words "Not contracted to do that." "That's not in our contract". "Not my job."

That's already happening, 1/3 of the MoD civilian workforce is being reduced by 2020 I think.

Associate
I am raising money for a ABF The Soldiers' Charity where 8 Trg Bn REME will attempt to break the current World Record of most Tandem Parachute jumps (403) in 24 hours at Netheravon airfield, Wiltshire. Our target is to have at least 456 jumpers, each participant representing a British Soldier who died during the Afghanistan Campaign whilst serving his and her country.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Stuart-Saunders6

If you have a spare penny feel free to donate! :D

Associate
Sure there's plenty of civilians that could be replaced with regulars. That would save some money. The bloated offices full of civilians that have a plethora of "managers" "supervisors" and "team leaders" that could be replaced with a small contingent of JR's and an SNCO. No longer would I have to hear the words "Not contracted to do that." "That's not in our contract". "Not my job."

Civillians are much cheaper than soldiers though.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
nobody go fishing on falklands deployments??

I had read the sea trout fishing was outstanding and there are some real specimen brown trout

also a lot of the estuaries and tidal creeks have really good mullet

Associate
nobody go fishing on falklands deployments??

I had read the sea trout fishing was outstanding and there are some real specimen brown trout

also a lot of the estuaries and tidal creeks have really good mullet

Fishing in the Falklands is pretty good. Take your own tackle though if you plan on going. I would even take a rod and reel.

I went fishing at a stream adjacent to Stanley, caught a few brown trout. There's also a "zebra" trout. Native to the falklands i believe. Though it's strictly catch and release.

The best people to ask about fishing are either the people in continuity posts! Though there's plenty of inlets and streams if you know where to look.

Soldato
The dream!

I can barely get leave, never mind AT.

That's a shame that you can't get AT at the mo, I know they are usually looking for people to help out for 6 months at a time if you've sailed before so if you're interested in the future look them up.
If you haven't sailed they do a 1 week comp crew course and various expeds that all levels can go on (SLC can be used if getting comp crew cert out of it).

Edited to reword.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Ya Gents, Just out having a moonlite stroll around the forum and found you guys.. my nicknames xl...not hard to work out what my first name is. ;)
and I think you fellows in the flying corps used to call us fellows "pongos". Drop me a line chaps next time your on and we can reminisce about the god old day.....in Colly :)

xl....out

Back
Top Bottom