Poll: British Grand Prix 2020, Silverstone - Race 4/?

Rate the 2020 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It’s a disgrace. The whole grid has been screwed by this and the FIA has swept it under the carpet. Suddenly getting poles and wins and then just as quickly they are nowhere. Funny thing is, loads of the teams are pinning their hopes on 2022, but with Mercedes so far ahead now they’ll be working just as hard on their 2022 car.

And with engine development still restricted, Mercedes power advantage is still going to be there.

Man of Honour
So Perez is out of his teams home races. As well as some of the Racing Point race team are now quarantined.

Reserve and test drivers are Esteban Guitterez and Stoffel Vandoorne iirc. Both are also McLaren and Mercedes test and reserve drivers.

Although... Hulkenberg is available... ;)

This could be interesting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He wasn’t great in Hungary. I imagine there will be a lot of people that could be looking at isolation.

I dare say that if spreads amongst the team we could be looking at race cancellations, especially if tracing point have to pull out.

Man of Honour
He wasn’t great in Hungary. I imagine there will be a lot of people that could be looking at isolation.

He did feel ill in Hungary. Dizzy and the like.

Hoping he feels better soon, but he's in all likelihood out for both Silverstone races.

Man of Honour
Reading some of the F1 sites it appears that Hulkenburg is the favourite - Vandoorne is in Berlin for the Formula E and Gutierrez hasn’t raced F1 for some time.
Also saw a few suggestions that Merc should get Russell into the RP for a couple of races but I imagine the COVID bubble protocols would rule that out.

Soldato
On the Covid bubble theory with Russell where does that leave Hulkenburg. Assuming he will have to have a test and get a negative result before getting let in the paddock by tomorrow morning?

Soldato
I have seen some cruel suggestions that it would be entirely befitting of 2020 for Hulkenberg to score his maiden podium only for Renault's protest to be successful and to have it taken away again!

That raises an interesting point though. Should Hulkenberg come in and be anywhere near Stroll then I find it hard to believe Stroll would be picked to partner Vettel over Perez (if that does happen), if Lawrence Stroll is as serious about Aston Martin as he says he is.

It's is Stroll's best chance of a second podium though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom