British soldier throws back a grenade

Permabanned
stuff like this happens all the time why now is it turning into national news fs?

My mate in the army did the very same thing and he doesnt get a story like this?

i'm guessing the soldier went straight to the papers and told them his little epic story so he can get his claim to fame.. sigh

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're gonna get blown up anyway you might as well have a shot at saving yourself.

The clear thinking in that situation deserves applause though, most people would freeze and pull a stupid face or **** themselves. Fair play to the bloke.

Soldato
Reminds me of my Great-Uncle. Fighting Jerry in Antwerp, his small unit was forced to take cover in a cellar but unfortunately a grenade was lobbed in with them. My Great-Uncle decided that as he was wearing a flak vest, he would jump on top of the grenade. He saved the rest of the lads but his flak vest did not save him.

There is a small white cross in Antwerp where he is buried. I was named after him and it gives you a bit of a shiver seeing your own name on a grave (albeit, it's not your name).

Soldato
stuff like this happens all the time why now is it turning into national news fs?

My mate in the army did the very same thing and he doesnt get a story like this?

i'm guessing the soldier went straight to the papers and told them his little epic story so he can get his claim to fame.. sigh

or maybe the press out there heard about it as im sure its something people would talk about on their off time...

especially since BBC are in that area at the moment and have been covering it highly for the last few days

Associate
they interviewed him as he was in main base repatriating his mate who had died the previous day. Obviously a slow day so they decided to interview him

Soldato
News just in

The Taliban muppet is suing the soldier/MOD for throwing the grenade back.
A splinter went into his finger and is looking for £2,000,000,000 damages

The taxpayer will be picking up the bill.
He will also be given a house and 4 cars in a plush part of London.

Our hero soldier has been arrested and will probably get 20 years.

Says the MOD.

Back
Top Bottom