Britpop - One of the greatest times ever!..... Volume III

Permabanned
Yeah britpop was cool, some bands I love are in that list:

Prodigy
Ash
Blur
Radiohead
Teh Verve and Placebo.

Love all of them, most of the stuff on that list is pretty good, just the bands I picked out are exceptional imo. :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by silverpaw
lol, all rubbish. Don't deserve to lick Kenickie's boots and that's saying something.

good point except i bet each one of them individually sold more records than the entire britpop generation :rolleyes: so of course they must be rubbish.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by memphisto
good point except i bet each one of them individually sold more records than the entire britpop generation :rolleyes: so of course they must be rubbish.

The only reason for that would be the fact that they are mainly american based bands - hence higher sales.

Um So Radiohead, Blur and Radiohead dont seem to shift many units!

Soldato
I bought the tape of this (see link) album when I was about 11 (God, I was so cool, so young!), circa 1994/1995, and it really was the best album in the world... ever! It was then I understood that Take That weren't worth listening to much any more (they were still eye-candy mind you)...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000074UC/ref=br_lf_m_h__7/026-5273448-5810809

It still sits in my car and has been played to the point that its crackling and popping and I think the tape's about to go...!

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Chrisp7
Radiohead, Blur and Radiohead dont seem to shift many units!

no where near as many
;)

hey you all have your taste i have mine wasnt criticising just pointing out that in sales terms the likes of Metallica, Springsteen and Bon Jovi far far outsell the likes of Radiohead and Blur.

Shall we leave it at I have different tastes than those from the britpop generation ?

cos TBH I couldn't care less music is music is muisc one mans favourite is another mans hate so arguing about it doesn't really mean anything.

I liked some britpop just didnt see it as "one of the greatest times ever"

Originally posted by memphisto
no where near as many
;)

hey you all have your taste i have mine wasnt criticising just pointing out that in sales terms the likes of Metallica, Springsteen and Bon Jovi far far outsell the likes of Radiohead and Blur.

Shall we leave it at I have different tastes than those from the britpop generation ?

cos TBH I couldn't care less music is music is muisc one mans favourite is another mans hate so arguing about it doesn't really mean anything.

Its all music, maaaan.

Oh yeah, and no ones mentioned The Wannadies or Dodgy.
If you don't know "Hit" by the The Wannadies or all of Dodgy's first album then you're missing out.

Back
Top Bottom