Broadband help

Associate
I have broadband provided through Demon internet although I am experiencing 2 problems at the moment:

* My broadband will only connect when I am on the phone. As soon as I hang up from a phone conversation the internet disconnects (the 'i' goes out on the router and everytime it dials in to try and get back online, it is rejected). This is a fairly recent problem, although I have had intermitant service for a month or so.
* When my broadband is connected properly (i.e. when I can get online), my phone line has a lot of white noise. I tried replacing the phone as I thought that was the problem, but the new phone is the same.

HELP!!

I have logged the fault with demon technical support (they have forwarded to BT who should be in contact on Monday/Tuesday next week), but I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem and if they found a fix??

Thanks

Ed

Permabanned
Sounds like you have your micro filters set up wrong or they are broken. Check that you have it set up properly. Make sure you have a micro filter plugged into the master socket and all the extensions that you are using.

Associate
OP
I'm working off of an extension box rather than the main box as the main box is in the bedroom - the computer is not. I have tried plugging the router in to the master box but it does not fix it.

I've tried 3 different filters and the problem is the same with all of them. Is there a difference between ADSL and DSL filters? I have 2 ADSL and 1 DSL for some reason??

How can I change the settings on them? They are just a small box with no settings options??

Thanks

Caporegime
Plug directly into the master socket with no other devices plugged in whatsoever, have a single phone in one side of the filter and the router in the RJ11 input. See if it's still doing the same, if not, work your way back through your wiring inputting device by device, it's a case of trial and error sometimes. If it is it's a possible line fault.

The noise on the line could be a fault, but more than likely a faulty filter, or one in an incorrect position, especially if you're having the other symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom