1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broken into.. o what joy

Discussion in 'Motors' started by ScoobyDoo69, 29 Jul 2006.

1. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

well what a fun day i've had.
    my car was broken into, in the middle of a sainsburys car park, in the middle of the day, with cars passing all the time, and people more so.
    and guess what.. no one saw nothing, great just great.
    ALL of my ICE was stolen, my pda, my sunglasses, the case, memory stick, all my cds (all 128 of them) etc etc.
    NONE of it on show - nothing. I'm being told that it's possible that I was followed, or they knew the car.

Someone make me feel better :(

2. Abraham

Sgarrista

how did they break in? just smashed the window?

3. Ev0

Capodecina

er your car will be quicker without 128 cds in it?

Sorry to hear :(

4. L0rdMike

Capodecina

If you leave all that in your car what do you expect?

5. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

o no, they went 10x better than that. Broke the grill, popped the bonnet, disconnected both terminals from the battery. Broke the door lock to get in on driver's side, popped boot from latch... and they have everything. good eh?

6. Hunger Strike

Associate

None of it was on show, so nothing!!

Sorry to hear that mate, i had my Punto broke into a while back. The car had to be written off because a new lock was worth more than the car - does that make you feel better?

7. Six6siX

Mobster

Damn, thats unlucky dude. Possibly planned?

Hate thieves :mad:

8. bingham67

Soldato

Most probably followed you or thief could of just been snooping around gutting sorry to hear that. :(

9. L0rdMike

Capodecina

Would you leave 1k in cash in the glove box?

10. chrislusty

Wise Guy

Sorry to hear that, sounds like they know of your car though, and know what to do.

Hopefuly they will catch who ever did it, good luck getting it all sorted out.

11. Hunger Strike

Associate

No but things i use in my car on a daily basis i would.

12. teaboy5

Soldato

Well if they did that, you might find it was someone you know or someone you know was telling a m8 of his about the car and so on. Sorry to hear about it.

13. merlin

Capodecina

They've done Imprezas before then. Although I'm surprised they went to the trouble of doing the door lock - there's no need with the door design.

Sorry to hear this, they've proper cleaned you out, must have known what was in the boot.

:(

14. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

trust you to get a cheap shot in just because i wont tell you who told me about you and your "misses"
    what do you want me to do, remove my shades all the time? take my gps pda, headunit, cds, subwoofer, amps etc into sainsburys? no? kthx

15. cymatty

Capodecina

Mike the point is you should be able to without some theiving scumbag doing this, i wish we had the law to chop of these ******** hands, that would stop them. :mad:

16. L0rdMike

Capodecina

Wasnt me asking that.

Yes we should be able to but we cant in the world we live in today.

17. andi

Capodecina

Sorry to hear that mate, scary to hear what lengths they'll go to...

Is yours alarmed? Nice to know you can pop the bonnet so easily :s

18. Psycrow

Mobster

Suppose very few people would assume someone with their bonet up is actually being broken into, more likely just broken down. Impressive they could get away with it so quickly, just shows the scum always find a way.
    Can you claim for it in any way or is it just all gone?

Last night two scumbags pulled up beside my mate walking home, got out, ran up behind him and hit him in the back of the knees with a metal pole, then swung and broke his arm, punched him in the face then stole his wallet and phone. Least the stuff in your car was taken without harming you (if that cheers you up any). Just shows there are jerks everywhere. Sometimes I wonder about humanity!

19. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

aftermarket alarm yes.. but no battery = no alarm.
    can't claim for it really. i will lose ncb.. which will kill me, and I have a fairly large excess. so therefore it's easier for me to buy new stuff than it is to do insurance. I would be raped with the costs :(

20. Abraham

Sgarrista

that's pretty much what i was going to say and why i asked, if they do things like that, ok there's some destructive bits which will look dodgy but they dont take long, everything else can look like it's just their car, same goes for the people who use cutters up their sleeves to cut bike locks while they're bent down pretending to undo the lock, they stand up, lock comes off, joe public's none the wiser