broken into.. o what joy

Associate
A decent alarm should have be self powered via battery, you may be able to claim your money back on the alarm. If its a Tatcham approved they usually offer a money back thingy if they get passed it.

Caporegime
ScoobyDoo69 said:
well what a fun day i've had.
my car was broken into, in the middle of a sainsburys car park, in the middle of the day, with cars passing all the time, and people more so.
and guess what.. no one saw nothing, great just great.
ALL of my ICE was stolen, my pda, my sunglasses, the case, memory stick, all my cds (all 128 of them) etc etc.
NONE of it on show - nothing. I'm being told that it's possible that I was followed, or they knew the car.

Someone make me feel better :(

if its of any help. i had the same thing happen to me. My car was broken into when it was parked 1 foot from my front door, right under neath a street lamp. Never saw or heard anything even though i was sleeping in the front bedroom. Distance from my ears to the thugs couldnt have been more than about 10 feet :(

nothing was on show, and the headunit had the fascia removed. It was actually in the house so they got a headunit without a fascia. They nicked also got into the back seat, took the CD changer, plus the 10 CDs that were in there ( all originals). They also got into the glovebox and stole my £100 oakleys and the softvault i had them in

the CD changer and CDs were all in the boot, sunglasses in the glovebox, and no fascia on the headunit. and to boot parked in the safest place possible apart from a locked garage.

At the time it was like my world was destroyed. But i've got another pair of oakleys, another case. And now i dont have any original CDs in the car, only copies. And i have the standard CD playing head unit in. It wont do MP3s, but id rather have 10 copied CDs and change them rather than risking all that again.

i also never ever ever leave my sunglasses in the car anymore. Same with the satnav. Its probably not the case that you were followed or whatever, thieves are oppertunists. and if it looks live you've got a custom head unit with a lift off fascia where there normally isnt one, chances are you've got a custom ice install they can nick. The other stuff they found in there was just a bonus.

you live and learn mate :)

Soldato
Jeebus dude, that sucks....

Do they not have CCTV there and which Saino's was it?

If I get my MX then i'll have my install going up for sale that you can most definately have first dibsies on...maybe even my screen too ;)

Permabanned
Gutted for you mate, I can't believe no one saw what was going on, that sounds like a very complex operation to me, they are obviously experienced and have done it before. Doing all that must have took them about 5 minutes, and tbh it would be obvious what they were doing I would have thought. Shame you didn't come out and catch the ******* in the act.

I leave my phone, headunit facia, laptop and all sorts in my car, it's not irresponsible at all if it's not on show then it's not provoking or owt, just a lucky guess for potential burglars.

EDIT: What Sainsburys btw, Selly Oak?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
MrSix said:
Jeebus dude, that sucks....

Do they not have CCTV there and which Saino's was it?

If I get my MX then i'll have my install going up for sale that you can most definately have first dibsies on...maybe even my screen too ;)

no cctv. Was the Sainsburys in Kings Heath in Birmingham. I used to work there a while back, and the manager said "we havent had a break in for years.. it would be you wouldn't it, kosta?!"

I should get it all sorted soon I hope... I dont work hard for nothing :)

Associate
This happened to me 6 years ago and the amount of anger I had was unreal, it took me a long long time to calm down.

I had been home 10 minutes (midnight) when a neighbour asked me why I had left my doors, boot and bonnet open...

They had taken the CD player (I still have the face!), the parcel shelf with speakers, subs, whole MDF false floor installation with two amps and crossovers, they had also torn my door cards apart to get the speakers. For good measure they snapped my steering column shaft in half too. Strangely they left the brand new momo wheel on the end of it behind :confused:

It feels like you have been taken up the arse and violated. Mine was parked no further than 50 yards from the house and I had heard nothing, it happend so fast I must have been followed. I didn't see anything and was driving quickly on the way home but the scum are clever :|

I don't like to say this, because it won't make you feel better, but it never felt the same again. I bought a new car.

There is plenty of fun to be had in new purchases though, just start eyeing up new kit to take your mind off it:p

Permabanned
My car was done a while back too, thank fully it was a hire car, but unfortunately they took my sat nav gear and everything, cd`s the works, i even had a new logitech dinovo set in the boot too, only had 3rd party insurance so i was screwed.

My pug was also broken into on my drive years ago, took all my alpine gear, seemed like a pro job as nothing was 'ripped' out.

Im uber carefull now, for sat nav i use a phone that way it always goes with me when i leave the car, apart from copied cd's nothing is left in the car, its just not worth the grief.

Man of Honour
Was your ICE installed by a company or did you do it yourself? I've heard stories of companies which will note down your details and get the kit back again which you've paid for :rolleyes:

Associate
Bloody hell, sorry to hear about this, no doubt people did see this but being English just ignored it and went about their business :( .

Hope you get up and running again soon :)

Soldato
OP
Duke said:
Was your ICE installed by a company or did you do it yourself? I've heard stories of companies which will note down your details and get the kit back again which you've paid for :rolleyes:

it was all done myself, so no one from any company knew the car or anything - what's strange is that all yesterday I didnt even have the headunit face on, I was listening to the burble of the scooby lol.
so whether or not I've been heard somewhere else playing music loud, I don't know :confused:

I've got the fingerprint man from the police on his way now. So I'll let you know if anything is found guys !

Permabanned
ScoobyDoo69 said:
I've got the fingerprint man from the police on his way now. So I'll let you know if anything is found guys !

Thats more than I got, despite finding a screwdriver a few metres from the car.

Nobody ever collected it, and nobody came out to dust for prints.

Soldato
OP
well he's just been out. the prints all over the place are those of gloves.. great. I've been advised to find out all the serial numbers etc and let the police have them. Looks like i'll be busy today !

Associate
ScoobyDoo69 said:
aftermarket alarm yes.. but no battery = no alarm.
can't claim for it really. i will lose ncb.. which will kill me, and I have a fairly large excess. so therefore it's easier for me to buy new stuff than it is to do insurance. I would be raped with the costs :(

That does sound like 'an inside job' perhaps. Some alarms start if the battery is disconnected (battery backup etc), saw that once in Halfrauds idiots disconnected the battery and then locked the owners keys in the car as the central locking kicked in as well. Is the model of alarm advertised anywhere on the car, or does it have distinctive pips when activated? They probably wouldn't have hit the car in daytime if they wern't sure the alarm wouldn't go off.

After my ICE got lifted from my car I now take everything that I can with me everytime I leave the car & dont bother with subs anymore.

Fire..

Soldato
Hunger Strike said:
Sorry to hear that mate, i had my Punto broke into a while back. The car had to be written off because a new lock was worth more than the car - does that make you feel better?

I had my car broke into and I just didnt bother replacing the lock, you could open it with a lollypop stick sometimes. No loss really :o

Back
Top Bottom