broken into.. o what joy

Soldato
OP
I think I have done a good while ago. Probably a year ago now. But I suppose nothing had changed in it, so it would still be known.
these things happen. right now all I want to do is sort out my grill, the door lock and the bits of interior they damaged. I've got spare ICE if I ever feel the need to put it back on. This time I think I'll have it bonded to the shell lol!

Soldato
Im surprised you don't have a battery backup alarm on that car.

Gutted for you though mate, i went to a meeting at Brum once, had my modified Golf GTi with it's newly fitted Alpine system in it and got back to the car and the ******** had raped the poor thing in the car park right under the cctv's nose.

couldn't make anything out other than 5fps blurb

Associate
ScoobyDoo69 said:
aftermarket alarm yes.. but no battery = no alarm.
can't claim for it really. i will lose ncb.. which will kill me, and I have a fairly large excess. so therefore it's easier for me to buy new stuff than it is to do insurance. I would be raped with the costs :(

Somebody definately knew what was in the car mate. Given that nearly all aftermarket alarms have a battery backup siren they must have known they could pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery and nothing would happen. Must have :(

I've got mine set to deadlock the doors (if not already) if the alarm is triggered. Only way in or out then is through the windows or having a key.

Also worth wiring up two bonnet sensors so that they will think they have 'fixed' one but little will they know about the other.

Associate
What aftermarket alarm was it? was it a cat1?

Surely if the main car battery is disconnected whilst the alarm has been set, it would set off the alarm????
The two aftermarket alarms ive had in the past have been that way: Toad AI606 and Cobra 7628.

Soldato
OP
it was a cheap one I shall be honest. But it's better than having nothing which is what Subaru put on the car as standard..
I had bought it just for the sensors in the interior - but as they say, you live and learn right?

Soldato
Bad news dude.. makes you feel like killing someone dont it? :mad:

happend to me also..

Get yaself a decent alarm tho. mines got bonnet sensor tucked away (impossible to cut wire unless you open the bonnet) then alarm goes off and its got a back up barrery also. only cost me £100 to buy and fitted it myself. think it was £80 for turners to fit it. :o

Defo sounds like you were targeted and followed tho.. is it locked away at night?

if so then this was probs the only time they could do the job.. :mad:

Soldato
How can no one notice probably 2 guys opening up a Subaru and clearing it out....barely normal. What is it with people these days, a lady got knocked over by the car infront of me and everyone else moved on, a guy got his butt whooped by a few big guys and guess what the neighbours did....closed their curtains, the list goes on....Would a simple anonymous phone call to the police kill? I think not, would they want someone to help them if they were in the same situation? I think so....but no, no one thinks like that its all about me and "not my problem".

Thats bad stuff man, either someone doesnt like you or they know you well ~ looks planned to me.....how were they to know you had so much stuff, they wouldnt go through so much trouble if they didnt know what was inside. Keep a steady eye on everyone, especially any friends who sit in your car.

S*** Happens ~ Smile, you're ok and karmas a biatch theyll get whats owed :D

Caporegime
ScoobyDoo69 said:
it was all done myself, so no one from any company knew the car or anything - what's strange is that all yesterday I didnt even have the headunit face on, I was listening to the burble of the scooby lol.
so whether or not I've been heard somewhere else playing music loud, I don't know :confused:

I've got the fingerprint man from the police on his way now. So I'll let you know if anything is found guys !

they will have been walking round the car park for cars they know there way round with custom head units.

they've stumbled across yours, seen its got a face off head unit, as its a subaru thought the owner has obviously got cash, so lets see whats inside

and sure enough got lucky with the contents of your car.

Caporegime
Magsy said:
This happened to me 6 years ago and the amount of anger I had was unreal, it took me a long long time to calm down.

know how you feel

theres no words to describe that feeling at the bottom of your stomach knowing some1 has got a load of stuff of yours that doesnt belong to them

even worse when you know they're going to prophit from that as well

it really is like being violated

Soldato
OP
zain said:
S*** Happens ~ Smile, you're ok and karmas a biatch theyll get whats owed :D

haha I like that. the thing that annoys me is that I've been doing a lot for people recently, helping out a friend with hers and her mums house, helping do her system in her car. I had a friend stuck in brighton with no money, no accomodation and needed getting, so i took the 3 hour drive down to get her, then I was buying something nice for my girlfriend and my car gets broken into. Makes me wonder if I should stop being a "nice" guy :p

Caporegime
ScoobyDoo69 said:
haha I like that. the thing that annoys me is that I've been doing a lot for people recently, helping out a friend with hers and her mums house, helping do her system in her car. I had a friend stuck in brighton with no money, no accomodation and needed getting, so i took the 3 hour drive down to get her, then I was buying something nice for my girlfriend and my car gets broken into. Makes me wonder if I should stop being a "nice" guy :p

no just make sure that if you get broken into again theres nothing worth taking

ie remove easy to take stuff like CDs PDAs sunglasses etc...

and im not being harsh, i was a victim of it too, and i know how it feels. its the only way to stop em though.

Soldato
I was thinking of bringing laptop with me to Dublin last Friday & leave it in boot but decided to not to take it with me after realising it's not worth the risk.

Police have always said: Never leave valuable stuffs in your car.

However, at times like shopping, putting stuffs in car and carry on shopping...I tend to hide everything away inside interior like mobile, bags, meanless items like non-valuable to give the impresson that there's nothing much in my car.

If you happened to have valuable stuffs in your car, sometimes you have to work out to prevent it happening.

Soldato
Jeez Kosta, only just read this thread.

That absolutely sucks man! Really sorry to hear it :(

My car has two alarms at present... the standard Rover one, which with the horns relocated is pretty good, and an aftermarket one which covers the bonnet (as does the Rover alarm), doors and interior sensors.

About them disconnecting the battery, I'd think about doing a battery to boot conversion. Not only does it free up room in your engine bay, but stops theiving scrotes from disconnecting the battery in the future.

At the moment, anyone tries to lift my bonnet and it'll set both alarms off. Anyone opens the doors, it'll set both alarms off. Anyone smashes a window, it'll set the aftermarket one off.

It's a bit of hassle having to blip two fobs everytime I leave the car, but that one second of extra hassle is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom