Bruce Lee vs....

Soldato
willd58 said:
Rofl, ok. So your saying Fedor couldnt take a bouncer on a night out, GG good sir, GG.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7792698&postcount=258

read it again.

that's not what Amp said at all.
Pride/UFC exist for one reason alone.....to sell dvd's/advertising airtime.
they may have the most basic set of rules, and IMHO be as close to a real fight as you could possibly go while remaining legal, but even one inch off target is a miss and by definition they are most definitely NOT real fights.

Permabanned
Kung Fu
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8G-dyrBtcyQ

MMA
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8831714570868814239&q=crocop

Which has been proved to be the most effective time and time again in and out of the ring? Who are the champions of mixed combat competitions? Who would you put your money on?

It certainly aint the fancy pants who move super fast like a bullet and are extremely tallented artists in what they do, no matter how pioneering or great they were (bruce lee, mad love to him, hed take tyson no doubt)

It is, over and over, through and through, the Fighters, the monsters of men that they are, not the artists. that win.

Last edited:
Soldato
Amp34 said:
And no MMA is not a real fight its an exhibition like boxing or a karate competition. If you think its a real fight go out on a friday night and hit a bouncer. :rolleyes:

Are you serious? I think pretty much any bouncer in England would get destroyed by Fedor if they started something.

Caporegime
Carzy said:
Are you serious? I think pretty much any bouncer in England would get destroyed by Fedor if they started something.

The_Dark_Side was right, I was not talking about Fedor going out and fighting a bouncer I was talking about the people that read this thread, such as you and Wild58 hence the 'YOU' in the post

If you think its a real fight go out on a friday night and hit a bouncer.

What I was trying to say was that way you could experience a real fight and compare it to a MMA etc.

Again I think The_Dark_Side was right in that Pride etc. is pretty much as close as you can get to a proper fight with popularised and televised contests BUT it is not a proper fight.

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
Mick B appears to hit him with his toes, probably better to use the shin bone as he does at 3:03.

No - executed properly the kick should use the ball of the foot. A shin hit is actually a bad mistargeted kick and is a good way to endup with a broken leg.

Bio-mechanics also play a large part in martial arts. A proper TKD kick should result in the largest muscles being contracted (moving the largest part of the "affector") then going down to the smallest part. All down to technique and timing.
The resulting effect is a fast and high powered kick.

This still doesn't stop someone from taking a hit if they can take it.. The rules of the fight state that some nerve points aren't to be targetted - so it's all down to how the receiptent can 'take' the power of the hit.

Soldato
Amp34 said:
The person who started the pressure points debate in this thread meant that sort of move not jabbing them in the throat and 'karate chopping' them.

It's not all nerve based pressure points.

A TKD knife hand to the neck is designed to crush the artery in the neck not impact with any nerves. The impact splits the side walls of the artery and loss of blood through internal bleeding results in death.

Permabanned
Amp34 said:
The_Dark_Side was right, I was not talking about Fedor going out and fighting a bouncer I was talking about the people that read this thread, such as you and Wild58 hence the 'YOU' in the post
And what would me getting into a fight actually prove? Youve completely lost me on this one.

Fedor could take any bouncer, i havnt anywhere in this thread said who i thought i could take and not take.

Soldato
Fedor would win, as much as I hate to admit it, and here's my essay as to why ;)

Fedor is a brawler. Everyone KNOWS that martial arts as a form do not work in a street fight. It's TOO controlled, you have to take the principles and mix them in with street fighting. Bruce Lee never really mastered the art of this, even in Jeet Kune Do. Fedor is an out and out brawler, throws his entire body weight into someone and pummels them into submission. Once he got within range of Lee that would be it, Lee is finished.

Soldato
willd58 said:
And what would me getting into a fight actually prove? Youve completely lost me on this one.
what Amp means is if you went out and hit a bouncer, for the sake of argument, there would be no rules involved or techniques/moves prohibited.
willd58 said:
Fedor could take any bouncer, i havnt anywhere in this thread said who i thought i could take and not take.
you just can't say that with any real kind of accuracy.
what you CAN say is that if you took a random bouncer and pitched him against Fedor, say, 100 times, then Fedor would win ALMOST all of the bouts.
nobody is unbeatable and ALL fighters make mistakes.

Permabanned
The_Dark_Side said:
what Amp means is if you went out and hit a bouncer, for the sake of argument, there would be no rules involved or techniques/moves prohibited.
The moves prohibited in the UFC simply cannot be performed with any hope of sucess against fighter in the UFC. (apart from eye cauging once on the ground/grappling, and lets face it, attempting such a move would leave you open to the deadliest of attacks)

The_Dark_Side said:
what you CAN say is that if you took a random bouncer and pitched him against Fedor, say, 100 times, then Fedor would win ALMOST all of the bouts.
nobody is unbeatable and ALL fighters make mistakes.
I get your point, but it would be more like 1/10,000 fights, and the rematch would see Fedor victorious.

Soldato
willd58 said:
The moves prohibited in the UFC simply cannot be performed with any hope of sucess against fighter in the UFC. (apart from eye cauging once on the ground/grappling, and lets face it, attempting such a move would leave you open to the deadliest of attacks)
not really mate.
the moves prohibited in UFC/Pride are tried and tested over hundreds of years to work in many self defence systems.
if they weren't effective then they wouldn't be banned.
you don't bother to prohibit something that's impossible.
willd58 said:
I get your point, but it would be more like 1/10,000 fights, and the rematch would see Fedor victorious.
and i think that in something like a fight, which is basically a two horse race, the odds would be MUCH shorter than that.
even if your probabilities were correct, it's perfectly possible that the fight Fedor lost would be the first one.
just because it's 10,000 to one doesn't mean there'd need to be 10,000 bouts before the underdog won and if this happened what would it say? the underdog was a better fighter because he beat Fedor?
no, of course not.
to get the real picture there would need to be multiple bouts.

Soldato
some thread ressurection needed as something has been on my mind about all of this disagreement.
many members seem to think Fedor is unbeatable so i pose another question to the more knowledgable of you.

Fedor v Lenny Mclean with both fighters in their prime.

your opinions please?

Associate
OK forget Bruce Lee's movies they were rubbish, however he would win,

This russian hulk is a boxer, he fights other boxers. Boxing has a relatively strict set of rules and a small number of possible maneuvers.
Upper body strength is all well and good if the correct muscles are developed (for instance large biceps inhibit punching as it is the tricep responsible for extending the arm).

Bruce lee wa sfast nimble and strong, but without excess mass. He pioneered Jeet Kune Do a style with which he would have no problem defeating a lumbering hulk with...

Back
Top Bottom