Bruce Lee vs....

Suspended
OP
Gilly said:
Devastating?

Where did I say devastating?

You never did, I was just assuming that thats what people would consider his punching power to be, seeing as we have already had someone call him p4p the strongest ever.

So, show me a boxer with a weak lower body, built like Lee and in the same weight class, who has very good power for his division.

Suspended
OP
Gilly said:
HAHAHAHAHA

Well, we have seen much bigger, stronger and experienced fighters than Bruce Lee not walking away from a from Fedor after a few minutes (tko not dead obviously) so I don't see why thats so funny.

Who did Bruce Lee fight again?

Man of Honour
Depth said:
You never did, I was just assuming that thats what people would consider his punching power to be, seeing as we have already had someone call him p4p the strongest ever.

So, show me a boxer with a weak lower body, built like Lee and in the same weight class, who has very good power for his division.
I've never followed professional boxing further down the weight categories.

Are you really saying that arms, shoulders and back don't affect punching power?

Suspended
OP
Gilly said:
I've never followed professional boxing further down the weight categories.

Are you really saying that arms, shoulders and back don't affect punching power?

Where did I say that?

Of course they affect it, just a 125lbs man with weak legs isn't going to hit very hard, despite his "ripped" physique.

Suspended
OP
Phnom_Penh said:
Grand Master Jack Man Wong, and some others.

Were any of them nearly as big / powerful / have chins like Fedor? Who else did these other people fight, and where are their records?

Soldato
Depth said:
I hope this is sarcasm, because if not, you should never post in any combat related thread again.

I don't get you?. You recon i should stay shy of combat threads?, err, not really. Bruce lee was much quicker, and far far more accurate. Fedor seems to hit all over the place, i watched that vid again and you can count over and over the times that he brushes his apponent or misses all together. What i'm saying is that it would take a damn sight more than brute strength to take down the Lee..

Associate
Depth said:
I don't think Lee was even large enough to KO Fedor with his hands.

KO punch has almost nothing to do with mass and almost everything to do with accuracy.

it's not how hard you hit 'em that takes 'em down,
it's if you catch them on the sweet spot.

Suspended
OP
benneh said:
I don't get you?. You recon i should stay shy of combat threads?, err, not really. Bruce lee was much quicker, and far far more accurate. Fedor seems to hit all over the place, i watched that vid again and you can count over and over the times that he brushes his apponent of misses all together. What i'm saying is that it would take a damn sight more than brute strength to take down the Lee..

He is a sambo world champion. He throws wild punches (which will KO you if you get caught clean) to make people turtle up, so he can clinch and take them down.

If Lee goes to the floor with him, it's over. Fedor could wrap his entire hand round Lee's tiny wrists, and submit / gnp him to and bloody stoppage.

Soldato
MrWhippy said:
KO punch has almost nothing to do with mass and almost everything to do with accuracy.

yep. Any nerve cluster will do the job. Not allowed by MMA rules, but fine in NHB.

Suspended
OP
MrWhippy said:

it's not how hard you hit 'em that takes 'em down,

I have boxed for years, and while accuracy is important, so is power. You are not going to KO someone with a good chin with no power.

If what your saying is true, how come Ali was not KO'd by Frazier's left hook, on the point of his chin?

Look at this, right on the sweet spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axQ4s_bMfM&search=mayorga

Last edited:
Soldato
Depth said:
You are not going to KO someone with a good chin with no power.

If what your saying is true, how come Ali was not KO'd by Frazier's left hook, on the point of his chin?
You may not know this, but chinning a person is not the only way to knock them out.

And Lee wasn't poorly built, just built differently -
thewayofthedragon1972bruceleef.jpg

Suspended
OP
Phnom_Penh said:
You may not know this, but chinning a person is not the only way to knock them out.

And Lee wasn't poorly built, just built differently -
thewayofthedragon1972bruceleef.jpg

List all the other places that when being struck, cause a KO.

And nowhere did I say he was poorly built, just that he had the bone structure of a sparrow and a weak lower body.

Soldato
Depth said:
He is a sambo world champion. He throws wild punches (which will KO you if you get caught clean) to make people turtle up, so he can clinch and take them down.

If Lee goes to the floor with him, it's over. Fedor could wrap his entire hand round Lee's tiny wrists, and submit / gnp him to and bloody stoppage.

Dude, you and i know that it would never reach the floor.. Fedor would be knocked out cold just after the sound of the bell. A nice fast accurate swift punch to just the right spot.. Fedor falls over, fight over.

Suspended
OP
benneh said:
Dude, you and i know that it would never reach the floor.. Fedor would be knocked out cold just after the sound of the bell. A nice fast accurate swift punch to just the right spot.. Fedor falls over, fight over.

That only happens in movies mate, so you should stick to watching them. Lol at the 125lbs Lee Ko'ing the 230lbs MMA world champion with one punch.

Others with much, much more power and just as much skill have all failed, yet Bruce Lee would end it after the sound of the first bell...?

Associate
after watching the fedor vs cop fight my verdict is..................

and the winner is Bruce lee easily!

the fedor guy is all over the place, and lee would do what cop did stick and move and not get caught up in a scuffling match, in round 2 fedor looked exhausted, and when he goes to punch cop when he has him pinned down cop moves and he punches the canvas, thats blatant lack of control.

Back
Top Bottom