BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Associate
Hi guys, I've got a bit of strange one...

I have a laptop which is a couple of years old and it's been running Windows 10 since it became available with no issues. Recently it starting coming up with the BSOD (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR).

I have tried everything from re-installing windows, SMART check on the hdd, then swapped out HDD for another just in case, ran Intel processor diagnostic (came back fine), ran a memory test (again, no issues).

I then started going through the BIOS playing with the settings and seem to have solved the issue (for now). I switched off the "processor dynamic switching" feature in the BIOS and there has been no more BSODs. If I turn that feature back on, the machine won't even boot into windows... it goes straight to the BSOD.

I've used windbg and it either blames the processor or memory...

Has anyone ever experienced something similar? Has running the processor at a lower frequency only delayed the issue from coming back or is there a link to a recent windows update or something? I'd rather not fork out on a new laptop if can be avoided...

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not much help but I was recently getting that error on my pc - turns out it stopped (after extensive memory troubleshooting) after I relaxed my overclock from 4Ghz to 3.6Ghz.

I reckon the cpu is on it's way out

Back
Top Bottom