1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT £12.5bn EE Takeover Cleared By Regulator

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by LiE, 15 Jan 2016.

1. mark43

Mobster

I thought terrible customer service was a prerequisite for a mobile operator?

2. Disco_P

Soldato

I think it is a case that people publicly complain but won't praise them even if everything is fine.

3. mark43

Mobster

True, but that's the same for the vast majority of companies or services, I'd still argue they're generally worse than most.

4. tickedon

Gangster

It has, but, the EU commissioner in charge of these merger decisions has changed, and said that four is better than three (and blocked one in another country) - hence why I also think that we'll see it being blocked.

Good FT article here: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b66bb7aa-5882-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3xSGXIvsO

As for EE and BT customer service, well, BT are looking to bring contact centre roles back into the UK, and I think EE are stuck with a large outsourcing agreement which they'll likely need to untangle before BT can make many changes.

I do however think we'll see a rebrand to simply 'BT' - given EE is so new and never really seemed to resonate with anyone, I don't think there's much merit in trying to retain it.

5. BigBruiserAl

Mobster

Nope not going to happen ;):p

6. stuie

Mobster

hmm,

Im with ee at the moment and dislike bt to the point Im considering moving now, on a sim only contract so should be able to get out easy enough. Im with virgin for all my other stuff and it looks like they are moving to vodafone so I might jump ship to them

Last edited: 19 Jan 2016
  7. thebennyboy

Mobster

It possibly could actually, Three has unlimited data which they are now starting to capitalise on. It's available, but it costs. :p

8. b0rn2sk8

Soldato

On a serious note, why leave EE just because its likely they will be owned by BT in the future?

I can understand on cost perspective but Vodafone's network is objectively worse on 3g and 4g.

If your doing it because you don't like BT, that is madness.

9. Richy888

Wise Guy

Slow will be the operative for rural coverage. Expect BT will slow high speed rural coverage to a crawl. You only have to look at how they shaped with rural broadband.

10. BigBruiserAl

Mobster

your right anything is possible but I'm pretty sure on this one :D

11. Cosimo

Man of Honour

12. Glaucus

Man of Honour

wonder if we'll see a shift in tariffs that allow for greater data use, seeing as they're a tv provider.

13. BigBruiserAl

Mobster

Already answered mate ;)

14. craig_t

Wise Guy

I'm with EE, so hopefully whatever happens it doesn't affect my signal!