1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Broadband usage?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by Assasin-uk, 12 Apr 2010.

1. Assasin-uk

Hitman

So haing just got a new bt connect setup with a 10gig cap im getting emails saying im near the cap already? (7gb)

On the network are the following:

2 x xbox 360s, lots of online gaming. say 5 hours a day each and maybe double that over the weekend. ( how much does the 360 use for normal online gaming?)

1 pc, browsing only, no torrents and hardly any streaming of downloading, facebook mainly:rolleyes:

1 laptop, probly on for 20 hours a day play facebook games and all that other rubbish.

and my i phone with the odd app or two and downloading emails from work but only with small attachments.

Does this lot sound like alot? i was quoted at 14gig for last month?? but BT cannot tell me why or how it happened? Is there any way of telling where its all going...

Thanks

2. Alpherah

Sgarrista

Sounds about right, i use about ~25gb a month without PC downloads with a similar setup.

3. CAPTAINBUMFLUFF

Hitman

Use o2 much better no caps and cheaper

4. Ryan111

Wise Guy

Not for much longer.... http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18131771

When I game online with my 360 I use about 300-400mb in 4 hours. So its about 100mb/hour online. (I may have been host for some of that though?) Anyway, 10GB is not a lot at all nowadays. I use 40-50GB/month just playing Xbox and PC games and the odd download.