BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Caporegime
2 Openreach engineers were here for nearly 3 hours. Lots of external work but they were also just gassing a lot.

My ASUS Router is getting
920.9 Mbps download
109.9 Mbps upload
2ms latency.

Glorious.

Associate
So my Wifi speeds have never been that great in the spare/play room so had a dude out to run some ethernet cables from the router (downstairs) and install some ethernet points upstairs.

We are finally able to hit those juicy speeds we can get:

50161079712_383b37ea8e_o.jpg

Associate
After a long wait since my order 11th June (had to wait for outside work to be completed, which took a bit of work with phone calls to get completed) finally on Thursday BT are coming to install my full fibre 900 service. So happy and can't wait as been on copper broadband for the last 4 weeks as they switched me from Sky 40 /10 without finishing the job, so give me 8 / 0.8 copper to fill the void lol

Caporegime
The main benefit for me is downloading games.

Horizon Zero Dawn is launching on PC soon and is 100GB

That would have taken me about 7 hours before.
Now it will take about 15 minutes.

Soldato
The main benefit for me is downloading games.

Horizon Zero Dawn is launching on PC soon and is 100GB

That would have taken me about 7 hours before.
Now it will take about 15 minutes.

It's great isn't it, not having to plan ahead on what games to play. I've gone from 25Mb to 900Mb and I think at full speed, 900Mb will download 380GB.

I haven't managed to max the speed on any of the game platforms yet, I got Steam up to just under 800Mb. Have also tried Origin, Uplay, Epic, Battle.net, BSG but they hover around the 500-700Mb mark.

Associate
BT Full Fibre is now available in my area, phoned up and went for the 300mb offer, due installation on the 2/9 - bit disappointing with how long its going to take but looking forward to the upgrade :D

Soldato
Generally over the years my connection has been rock solid. However last two weeks I have two disconnections. Last night just before bed around 12:20am the internet went down and didn't come up again for two hours from the logs.

I couldn't find any evidence on the web that there was any issues in my local area so not sure what happened.

Soldato
Evening all

I think I saw someone ask this before but is there and online rollout schedule for FTTP as I’m interested to see when Hertfordshire (Letchworth to be exact) might appear on it

thanks

Associate
Caporegime
You can supposedly phone them and order it, but it's a bit of a lottery whether you get an agent that is trained to sell FTTP - if you don't then their screen won't show it as being available.

Associate
Just got my FTTP installed at long last! Hurrah.

I do seem to have the 50mb upload cap though so will hopefully get that sorted soon.

I had mine installed last Tuesday and had the same. I did a factory reset and it cured it for me and got the full 110. I also got the latest firmware v0.17. Try factory reset first mate

Soldato
Just got my FTTP installed at long last! Hurrah.

I do seem to have the 50mb upload cap though so will hopefully get that sorted soon.
I had mine installed last Tuesday and had the same. I did a factory reset and it cured it for me and got the full 110. I also got the latest firmware v0.17. Try factory reset first mate
Where are you guys in the country please

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom