BTCC 2020

Soldato
Damn, I've just seen I have an email from MSV saying they're doing all of the August events with no spectators. I was looking forward to going to Oulton Park at the end of August but it's a no go now. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like it's been classed as an 'elite sport' so has the same spectator restrictions as the football and f1 etc. Certainly not a blanket ban as I'm off to the British GT & F3 at Oulton today.

Soldato
Damn, I've just seen I have an email from MSV saying they're doing all of the August events with no spectators. I was looking forward to going to Oulton Park at the end of August but it's a no go no. :(

Yeah, I'm absolutely gutted. Bought tickets for Donington weeks ago as there were limited numbers available and it was pre-order only. Then DCMS classed both BTCC and British Superbikes as elite sport, and they had to cancel spectators late on Thursday. To be fair some of the responsibility on that was with MSV.

That said, you can go watch British GT and F3 at Oulton this weekend just fine with the same limited tickets socially distanced setup. As it's arbitrarily the other side of the elite line.

Soldato
Sutton was absolutely flying in both rounds so far. Thought the commentators went lightly on Turkington in the first round, thought he punted Sutton off.

No Andrew Jordan this year? Was disappointed to see the Power Maxed Astras skipping 2020 but coming back in 2021.

Soldato
OP
Sutton was absolutely flying in both rounds so far. Thought the commentators went lightly on Turkington in the first round, thought he punted Sutton off.

No Andrew Jordan this year? Was disappointed to see the Power Maxed Astras skipping 2020 but coming back in 2021.

I thought he punted him off too. I've not heard Plato mentioned?

Back
Top Bottom