Budget 40-50K?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
MrLOL said:
wrong

he had an SL55 AMG, not the SLK

and he doesnt even have that anymore. He infamously traded it for the Ford GT.

Again, on a show the other day they were doing the cool wall thing and the boxster and slk came up.

They were going on how James had bougth a boxster and Jeremey had bought the SLK.

A friend had a 500, he worked out it cost him £4 per mile to run on average.

Soldato
How abouts a BMW 645 Convertible. Perfect for a daily driver.

media

Soldato
Jaguar XKR convertable.

Just read its to replace an XKR convertable.
In which case, id buy.................
Another XKR convertable.

Caporegime
6thElement said:
Shopping list currently has Mercedes SL55 or 911 on it, what else falls into this bracket?

Requirements are sporty drop top.

Germans? Pah! - Hmm, who makes my car again, oh well. :o

Fly the flag! :D

8686_310_01.JPG

8686_310_02.JPG

DB7 V12 Vantage Volante, Automatic, Convertible, 2000 W Reg, 16,500 miles, 2 Owners. Finished in Solent Silver with Full Cream Leather Piped in Blue and Burr Wood Interior. Alpine Stereo with 6 CD. Immaculate. £50,995
(Sure you'll get a bit off...)

Something with a bit of class imo.

Associate
If I remember correctly Clarkson has an SLK because he made the joke on one episode about everyone in the office calling it the SLGAY.

I suppose it depends if you want a drivers drivers car then most mags etc say go 911, if you want more relaxed driving / toys etc. then SL55 or SLK is maybe a better bet.

I've seen the new XK on the road a few times now (took me a few secs to work out what the hell it was). Sounded very nice I must say.

Associate
megakid said:
I dont think you can compare an MG to a Porcshe 996 GT3... Sorry.

The SV was designed as a direct competitor to the GT3 on a shoestring developement budget. It ended up having a much higher market price for the same performance. I should know, there's a GT3 parked outside my house :)

Associate
If its got to be a drop top then my list would be:

AM DB7 Volante
Maserati 4200 spyder
Ferrari 355 spider

The more sensible options being the porka, M3, 6 series cab or even the new Z4M.

IMO thou when you're spending 50k you want something more than a beemer.

Get the 355 ;)

Soldato
mosfet said:
The SV was designed as a direct competitor to the GT3 on a shoestring developement budget. It ended up having a much higher market price for the same performance. I should know, there's a GT3 parked outside my house :)

The problem with the SV was that it had the price of a 911, but no where near the performance. The 70K price when new was a joke.

Back
Top Bottom