Budget AIRFLOW case advice.

Permabanned
I am looking for a case with plenty of airflow as I do not want to run into any overheating problems with my first build. This step is crucial for me to get the best airflow possible. I am going for the Ryzen 5 3600 cpu with an RTX most likely. I'm most likely going with an x570 motherboard also. So I guess I will need good airflow for these.

Any suggestions for a good airflow case? Budget £100

Last edited:
Associate
I am looking for a case with plenty of airflow as I do not want to run into any overheating problems with my first build. This step is crucial for me to get the best airflow possible. I am going for the Ryzen 5 3600 cpu with an RTX most likely. I'm most likely going with an x570 motherboard also. So I guess I will need good airflow for these.

Any suggestions for a good airflow case?

Any budget in mind? also RGB important?

I've heard good things about this, for people on a £100 ish budget.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £101.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Permabanned
OP
Budget is around £100 yes. Two very nice options there I have to say. What I do I need to keep in mind for x570 boards due to the extra usb ports? And will I be able to install fans without ram or gpu getting in the way?

I think I am edging towards the Fara R1 mid tower as it looks like I will have no problems with adding fans for airflow. 4 fans I think should do the trick?

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I noticed also the Fara R1 has a reset button on the front beside the USB. The gamemax doesn't state anything regarding reset button? I hear I need a reset button for bios when installing Ryzen CPU??

I would add at least one more fan to make it 4 then to balance the airflow. I take it the 2 on front are intake fans and the one at the back is exhaust?

Associate
These the fans at the front? Would there be any need for using the entire case and all fan positions available?

(1) Yes the game max f15m another vote from me, I may get that case if they do it in white later date & price is right around £60
I went for the Silverstone FARA R1 white with a window. be doing my build it this case tomorrow

(2) a lot of cases now don't have a reset button at the front, not really needed as you can restart the PC from in windows.

(3) For fans 1 or 2 fans at front for intake & 1 at rare for exhaust. can put another fan as exhaust top rear on the roof also if you really need to.
USBs on front of case no trouble with any motherboards almost all come with an internal 3.0 header & most with a USB 2.0 header or more

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
(1) Yes the game max f15m another vote from me, I may get that case if they do it in white later date & price is right around £60
I went for the Silverstone FARA R1 white with a window. be doing my build it this case tomorrow

(2) a lot of cases now don't have a reset button at the front, not really needed as you can restart the PC from in windows.

(3) For fans 1 or 2 fans at front for intake & 1 at rare for exhaust. can put another fan as exhaust top rear on the roof also if you really need to.
USBs on front of case no trouble with any motherboards almost all come with an internal 3.0 header & most with a USB 2.0 header or more

That looks nice indeed! I meant a BIOS reset button I keep hearing about for installing new CPU

I will want to put a fan in on top to help that little bit extra.

Associate
all motherboards have reset bios to the default in the form of 2 pins or a little round button
the other type is a bios flash button on certain motherboards, would only use it once maybe if you run into a certain situation.

An extra fan on the top rear can help a little more to exhaust warm air.:)

Associate
I noticed also the Fara R1 has a reset button on the front beside the USB. The gamemax doesn't state anything regarding reset button? I hear I need a reset button for bios when installing Ryzen CPU??

I would add at least one more fan to make it 4 then to balance the airflow. I take it the 2 on front are intake fans and the one at the back is exhaust?

It does have a reset button, you have the option of plugging it into the fan controller to use for changing the rgb.

Associate
Ahhh OK then! That's that issue sorted. What other way does the fan controller work if I don't connect to the reset button?

JN7yuB6l.jpg :p

You can also pass through to your motherboard to let that control them.

Having just re-read the above posts, I should clarify its a restart PC reset button, not reset bios... Sorry if I caused confusion!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom