Budget for Oculus Rift

Associate
Hello all

Looking for some advice on building rig to handle an Oculus Rift

I already have a pretty powerful PC in my man pit but Im looking to build something for downstairs so my Son can have a go at playing some games.
What im after is something budget. A cheap enough case and a good price graphics and CPu etc but with enough guts to handle this.

Many thanks

Associate
OP
Well ive already have a monitor but does it matter once you use the oculus ?
budget wise im unsure. Just something not expensive that can handle VR gaming well

Soldato
Well ive already have a monitor but does it matter once you use the oculus ?
No, i was asking on the off chance your son may play standard games - then the resolution would be factor if above 1080p
budget wise im unsure. Just something not expensive that can handle VR gaming well
Not expensive is very relative on here - but i'll assume as you haven't given a fixed budget it's not too much of an issue.

Soldato
The 1600 will clock to 3.7 across all cores with the stock cooler if that was your want.

I added an SSD as they're virtually a staple - but it could be dropped. I also added a decent case - you could save money here too if required.

Memory is the killer - plus the price of GPUs - but it is what it is, unfortunately. But this would run VR comfortably.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £983.04 (includes shipping: £13.20)

Soldato
Soldato
Even smaller...

Heads up, VR on pc - min gtx 1070 ... Any lower and nights as well get a PS4 Pro , which is based around RX480 chip which is rival for gtx 1060 .

You know if your son's sensitive to VR ? Anything below 70hz/FPS for me and I feel sick !
Better GPU will power it with higher quality of graphics, allow better filters to smooth edges and higher frame rates which are key to immerse and trick the human brain

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,100.09 (includes shipping: £13.20)​

Back
Top Bottom