Budget laptop for World of Warcraft for a poor student

Associate
Ok, hello guys, I was introduced to that forum by some nice guy on the official wow forum. I made a thread there about my search for a good used laptop that can handle wow. I ve thrown all my thoughts there, so am gonna copy the post for the convience, sorry for that, but its quite much information, every tip will be really apreciated.

"Hello guys, for some time I was thinking about buying a used laptop to replace my sturdy emachines. So here is the deal, I dont need 60fps on med graphic staple, good shadows and water, I dont play in high resolutions, mostly 1366 x 760, I just need :
-High textures in the world(legion, newer types)
-Good lightning
-Good particles and sunshafts
These are the things that I crave in the open world, to experience the beauty of BfA, without shadows, anty aliasing and on 100% render scale,around 40fps here would be lovely. In raids, huh thats a story, I managed to raid with my guild at 5 fps, lowest settings, render scale 80% and a 1080x600 resolution (maybe i missed the numbers idk).
So if i can have 15/20 stable fps on everything low and 1366x760 I ll be very happy, so to the meat of the topic. Which gpus and cpus can achieve that. An i5 6300u can do the job, with a nvidia 920m? Or should I seek something with and gtx950m atleast? Am not counting ram, and other stuff, just what cpus and gpus can give me +/- that performance. Maybe someone has a laptop with a 920m or a gtx 950m and an say something about the performance. I really need help, bless ya!"

Associate
OP
I know that, am able to play on i5 560m 4gb and a 512mb amd card tho, but even on low in legion zones 20fps is max. I just want 40 on low med :(
How about a 940 and some i5 5xxxu? That low power processors are garbage or not?

Last edited:
Soldato
i ran all WoW games right up to the panda release on a laptop with an i5 430m, 4gb ram and 5470 512mb(up to 2.2gb hypermemory) on max settings with no lag at all, it was an acer aspire 5740g, 1366x768 the display was i think, i never used to use fraps back then, but comparable to today id match it to 50-60fps or higher it was that smooth even in the likes of Stormwind city and the orcs city, so unless your AMD card in whatever laptop thats in is really weak then you shouldnt be having any issues.

any laptop with an i3 or ideally sticking to i5 range and a 520m at least should do the trick as an upgrade

Back
Top Bottom