• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Budget nVIDIA card for about £50 - which one?

Soldato
I've got a system with an old GT210 I'd like to upgrade.

Can anyone tell me the best performance nVIDIA card I'll get for about £50?

Thanks for replies ;)

Soldato
Buying anything new for £50 for gaming is a complete waste of time. Equally, AMD cards tend to offer much better bang for the buck in the used market. Old Nvidia cards hold their price far better than they do their performance. ;)

Soldato
I've got a system with an old GT210 I'd like to upgrade.

Can anyone tell me the best performance nVIDIA card I'll get for about £50?

Thanks for replies ;)

I reckon(unbiased) a nvidia 750ti gtx is a good 1920x1080p card, using mine now and works great with Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

Selling mine on Friday, as going to game at higher resolutions.

Associate
This old but 550/560ti models on gumtree for 40 or less

Yup!

I am VR capable and hopefully Nvidia release the DX 12 driver soon!

210jdrl.jpg

If you can get 570 for cheap 40-50 it is your chance!

Permabanned
I reckon(unbiased) a nvidia 750ti gtx is a good 1920x1080p card, using mine now and works great with Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

Selling mine on Friday, as going to game at higher resolutions.

There you go, Have a chat on the MM.

I wouldn't bother with any GT card, there multimedia, You want GTX for gaming.

Other than that I think the best 750ti is the EVGA Superclocked model. No power leads requirement and they're the only brand that have displayports meaning they're g-sync capable, The superclocked is the smaller single fan model. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/evga...s-graphics-card-02g-p4-3753-kr-gx-252-ea.html

I saw one secondhand for sixty something a while back so look out for something in that ball park if you're willing to stretch the budget a little.

Last edited:
Permabanned
For £50 then 560ti is pretty much your best option. There are loads selling on the bay that don't go much above £40. I picked up a couple the other day for £35 and £39 including postage. Get a twin fan version, preferably Asus Direct CUII Top as this is clocked at default a little higher.

If you're going more than £50 then the 750ti is good but it isn't much faster than the 560ti in most games.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1337?vs=1130

Soldato
I sold my gtx 750 for £50 yesterday on the bay, was like 1 of only 3 on there lol or Zotac wise anyways.

So I'm in a similar position to you apart from I got 60 maybe just a bit more to spend, certainly difficult finding a worth wild card, I was going to get a 7950 @ £45 but card looks massive and probably not got the ideal Atx layout case for such, then there's a 270 going round for £60, got 660, 650ti, 580 all hovering around the 50-60 mark

Back
Top Bottom