Budget Video Recorder for Small Lectures / Presentations

Soldato
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a video recorder to record lectures/presentations with in a moderately sized room (like 6m x 6m).

If possible, I would like there to be a way to attach a microphone to it, unless it can record from the back of the room clearly, and I've been asked if it can have a 'live feed' port - although I don't know what one of these is and neither does Google. It may possibly just be a video port. It will also need to be stand compatible.

I'm planning to record lectures / presentations with it and upload them to youtube for people to watch. I'm also thinking about possibly live streaming the talks, for people within the business to log into and watch the live stream if they cannot attend in person.

I've seen the following camera: Panasonic HC-V210 Compact Camcorder Light Weight Intelligent 72x , which I can get for around this price range (£100-£150), but I'm not sure if it suitable for what I require; as I have absolutely no idea about video cameras :(

Please see camera here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC...ctronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item1c46105869

Can anyone help me pick one or provide information for what I should be looking for in a camera?

Regards.

Caporegime
Since your requirements are so basic, pretty much any camcorder will be fine, you don't need a massive zoom lens if you are recording in such a small room. I'm not familiar with particular camcorder models in that price range though.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want to stream it to the internet then most videos camera aren't suitable unless you connect them via a suitable capture card. Which will be about another £100.

I don't know the market well enough to pick out particular models, but I've used Canons in the past and was fairly impressed with them.

As for Mic inputs, you won't find them at the bottom end of the market I'm afraid.

Soldato
OP
Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

I think for the time being I won't bother trying to stream them to the net then, I'll just stick to uploading them to the tube.

How good are standard cameras at picking up sound from across a room?

Just at a loss looking at these cameras as I don't know what any of the technical details mean and I've never owned a video camera in my life haha.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom