Associate
Haven't had a Dragonfly but a few nights ago I was woken up to rid my parent's room of Mothra, an absolute unit of an elephant hawk moth. This thing was huge, it was like a small bird.

I think I hit one of those in the car the other night. Felt like something came through my damn windscreen and it took up a good 5" circle of my windscreen of just remains.. :(

Soldato
I think I hit one of those in the car the other night. Felt like something came through my damn windscreen and it took up a good 5" circle of my windscreen of just remains.. :(

They're called cyclists and they take an age to clean off the windscreen if you let the remains dry-up so I recommend a good soaking for 30 mins to loosen the debris before using a sponge to gently scrub away and a microfibre towel to dry avoiding any scratches. Hope that helps!

:D

Man of Honour
They're called cyclists and they take an age to clean off the windscreen if you let the remains dry-up so I recommend a good soaking for 30 mins to loosen the debris before using a sponge to gently scrub away and a microfibre towel to dry avoiding any scratches. Hope that helps!

Associate

Ah, always wondered where that dent came from :D

Soldato
OP
Looks like a hawker

We get a few round here, they are beautiful prehistoric creatures!

Its amazing watching thier aerial control. The direction changes and flying backwards is amazing. The ultimate drone!
There's a river about 150ft from me and strong winds yesterday, so it might have been blown my way. It's the first one I've seen, but the cats tend to keep my place bug free. Stalking a moth is pretty exciting for a couple of house cats.

Soldato
I should have taken a photo, but I pulled a huuuuge dragonfly out of the front grill of the car a couple of weeks ago. The abdomen looked thicker than the photos above, never seen anything like it tbh.

I had just done a round trip to London, so I could have picked it up anywhere as I've not seen anything like it locally.

Back
Top Bottom