1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Spec Help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by pedro32, 26 Apr 2010.

1. pedro32

Associate

Just like the title says, im attempting my first personal build at home. budget is around £650, looking at a fast processor with a good graphics card for some games, 4gb ram, etc, and pretty new tech hopefully (i3, i5)

im going to most likely be using the guide of this forum to build the pc, so hopefully everything turns out fine.. cheers for any suggestions, use your imaginations.

i've also been looking at this for a cpu cooler and was wondering whether it would be worth it,

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-002-CS&groupid=962&catid=1532&subcat=

cheers everyone

2. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

Does the build need to include a copy of an OS,peripherals and a monitor?

3. pedro32

Associate

ah, probably should have included this in the original post lol...

£650 budget is solely for the tower, monitor and OS will come after, so its not included in the budget

cheers :)

4. Cycrow

Mobster

as its mainly for games, then its best to get the best gpu the budget will allow even if it doesn't get you the top cpu

for an i3 build

Abit over budget but would be pretty decent for games.
    if you really cant stretch the budget, then replace the gpu with something like a 5770

5. pedro32

Associate

wow, that gpu is a much higher spec than anything i had imagined.. didnt think that build could be achieved in the budget...

what about a cpu cooler though? want the machine to run relatively cool, is the water cooler in the original post good or am i going to end up burning the new pc to ashes? :p

6. Cycrow

Mobster

the H50 is good, and will help you cool the cpu for sure, and if u can fit it in the budget, then go for it

however, if you dont plan on doing much in the way of OC, the retail coolers that come with the cpu are perfectly fine.

and if the choise was to get a slower gpu to get a better cooler, i would go with the gpu.

if you can get both however, then i would, or plan to get the cooler later when u have some more money

7. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

8. DavieJG

Hitman