Building a starter PC for University (any advice or changes accepted)

Associate
Removed.

This is the build I have come up with after looking at multiple builds however I was wondering if this is a pile of crap or whether anyone would be kind enough to offer suggestions to as of what I could add to make it better for around this budget or £100 above. Also please recommend a good SSD.

Man of Honour
If you can suggest a good monitor too thats nice ;)

monitor out of stock at ocuk, but can be bought elsewhere.

if you're getting this monitor, please note that there are 2 variants (ie very close model number)
there is the VWF = old model - don't get
and this is the VWFD8 = new model - recommended

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £211.69 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Associate
OP
As I will be using ethernet connection is there a better way to spend the money thats allocated to the motherboard or is that the best possible? Because I dont see many people using ones with built in wifi adapters. Just wondering :).

Man of Honour
As I will be using ethernet connection is there a better way to spend the money thats allocated to the motherboard or is that the best possible?
that particular board is the best bang-for-buck in terms of features and voltage circuitry, but can save a few bob if you don't need the wifi (add-on wifi-AC card tends to cost ~£30 if you require, in the future)

this particular board is out of stock at ocuk currently - also can be bought elsewhere, though.
Total: £787.49 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

as it's an MATX board (smaller) can change the case to a cheaper case (still decent - but lacks the RGB lighting - if that matters to you).
also if you want to save a bit more, can drop the HDD for now, and get one when you actually need the space - i've specced in a large 512gb ssd.

if you want to spend a bit more for a better looking case (with glass):
Total: £66.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)​
but still no rgb lighting

Back
Top Bottom