building pecs....without a bench?

Soldato
as in title guys...i have a bar been doing the weights every other day for about 4-5 days a week in the morning. Usually for 30-40mins. Heavy weights-few reps-trying to gain size. Oh after every workout i have a protein shake with milk.

anyway im seeing really good results as far as size of muscles and strength which is great but i want to boost my pecs. It there anyway of doing this without a bench??

Caporegime
firstly, post work out shake should be with water, you want that protein in you as soon as possible, then within an hour you want some decent carbs.

pecs without a bench - what exercises are you currently doing?
realistically you want a bench, best exercises for chest are with a bench (you can do so much more weight).

if you dont have a bench them im guessing you wont have a dip station, if you do then get weighted up and do dips.

if you are really struggling then weighted pressups may help, heavy enough to keep you within the normal 5-12 rep range.

Soldato
OP
okay water from now on....(urgh) lol! hammers, bi-curls with dumbells and bar. horizontal press (if thats its name...lifting the bar above my head) and horizontal lift ( so bringing the weight up to just under my chin and back down to locked arms) then sit-ups and elevated press ups

Soldato
You could do DB Press on the floor? It's actually what people should do when coming back from a shoulder injury as the floor prevents you lowering your elbows below shoulder level so it's safer. Just difficult to use a good amount of weight.

I don't lower the bar to my chest anyway when bench pressing as it's very bad for the shoulders.

Soldato
Morba said:
firstly, post work out shake should be with water...
Is it a definite no no to have it with skimmed milk? (as I currently do).

I can barely keep it down when mixed with water, and it says skimmed milk is ok on the tub (Maximuscle Cyclone).

Soldato
Big Chris said:

I can barely keep it down when mixed with water, and it says skimmed milk is ok on the tub (Maximuscle Cyclone).
Casein will delay the uptake of protein in the stomach/gut etc (whatever :p) so it's best not to mix it with milk for fast uptake. Cyclone should be fine with water.

Associate
Big Chris said:

Hence why God invented Nesquik or that milkshake flavouring stuff.

Soldato
Phnom_Penh said:
Casein will delay the uptake of protein in the stomach/gut etc (whatever :p) so it's best not to mix it with milk for fast uptake. Cyclone should be fine with water.
Fair enough, but it's anything but fine with water, it makes me gag!

Soldato
Big Chris said:

Keep using the milk and the Maximuscle Cyclone they're a fine combination...

The milk can screw with the fast absorption of the proteins and amino acids from the Cyclone when you need them the most (post workout) and Maximuscle can keeping screwing you :p

PAz

PAz

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
I don't lower the bar to my chest anyway when bench pressing as it's very bad for the shoulders.

Interesting...I've never read of this but it may explain why the absolutely *huge* guy in my gym (160kg for a few sets of 8 last week) wasn't going right down to the chest.

How far are you above chest level then? He was around an inch or so...

Back
Top Bottom