Burning Pans

Permabanned
james.miller said:
looks like a whole load of tin to me. i very much doubt they would be making pans with lead.

dont do it again and get some proper pans tbh
Hehe, they wouldn't make them out of tin either, its scrap value is about 3x that of copper, which is about 4x that of lead!

Stainless steel pans recommended!

Associate
OP
Just checked the bottom of one of my flatmates pans (My pans are marks n spencers quality ;) ) Says something about Stainless Steel. The bottom of his pans are a coppery colour though. Gotta buy him a new one tomorrow :(

melm0 said:
Oh dear i don't know how you managed that
His empty pan was on the hot plate which i turned onto full by accident. (I was trying to boil water in my pan to make coffee because our kettle is broke) :o

Soldato
whats the melting point of silver?

but tbh, steels not gonna melt like that, I would say take it back, but theres nothing TO take back!

Associate
OP
VeNT said:
whats the melting point of silver?

but tbh, steels not gonna melt like that, I would say take it back, but theres nothing TO take back!

The pan is steel quite intact (read up). Using it again might be a bit risky, so i'll leave that to Will tomorrow, see if he wants a new pan or not :D

Soldato
hendrix said:
The pan is steel quite intact (read up). Using it again might be a bit risky, so i'll leave that to Will tomorrow, see if he wants a new pan or not :D

ah so it was some sort of tin coating that came off!

Associate
OP
K.C. Leblanc said:
Looks to me like a sheet of foil was involved, either that or some burk had painted the pan.

Where abouts in Aber are you, my Brother is there?
Brynderw (Student Accomodation near the School of Art).

His pans are beastly things though, i think i did him a favour :D

Man of Honour
Phnom_Penh said:
Afaik Aluminum has a melting point of ~600C. Thats would have to be one beast of a hot plate.

My day job is making sure that cookers reach the temperatures that they are supposed to and I use some elaborate equipment to do it. Hotplates can easily reach 600c where ovens go up to about 250c.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
My day job is making sure that cookers reach the temperatures that they are supposed to and I use some elaborate equipment to do it. Hotplates can easily reach 600c where ovens go up to about 250c.
Possible then, depends on whether that cooker is capable of delivering the amount of heat energy to heat the pan up to 600C.

Back
Top Bottom