1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning video-DVD using Nero...

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by Unconditional, 12 Jul 2006.

1. Unconditional

PermaBanned

I'm trying to make a little video-DVD using Nero.

I've got a 700MB file, but when I add it, it shows up on the disc as 2.5GB. Meaning I can't even get two of these 700MB files onto 1 disc.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it case of that is just the way it is and I'll need to go about compressing the file?

2. JustinB

Gangster

Its because it converts it into DVD format, VOB files and IFOs. Structure of a DVD. Are you using Nero Vision? Yes compressing would work but that would mean reduced image quality. I would prefer better image quality for the sake of a 20p DVD-R or whatever.

Justin

3. jbloggs

Soldato

Unconditional:

I take it the 700MB video file is an xvid/divx file, and you are trying to encode 2 of these into MPEG2->DVD Video Files to burn onto a blank DVDR?

If the file is good quality, a very good bit of software to use is TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 or TMPGEnc 3/4 XPress, this lets you adjust the size of the output file, so that you can fit onto a blank DVDR (4.7GB (decimal) or 4482MBs), it outputs the file into MPEG2, which then needs to be authored into a DVD Video Files, which is the standard DVD file type, a good DVD authorising program is TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5/1.6, or DVDLab Pro. Then you can burn the DVD Video Files onto a blank DVDR with either TMPGEnc DVD Author or Nero Burning Rom is good for this.

EDIT:

If it is Nero Vision Express you are using, whay you can do is instead of doing the encoding/authoring and then immediatly burning it, simply encode and author it, then take the DVD Video files and run them throught DVD Shrink, then burn them onto a blank DVDR using Nero Burning Rom or DVD Shrink. :)

Last edited: 13 Jul 2006