1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning VOB files to a DVD??

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Acemath, 23 Apr 2010.

1. Acemath

Gangster

Not sure if this the right place to ask this,if it needs another forum,please be free to replace it :)

Anyways,my son is crazy about a very old cartoon they show on television.Because of the fact it so old,it's almost impossible to find by "legal ways" :D,so i downloaded it by torrent.

Now i see a lot of Vob files,Inf files and AUDIO_TS/VIDEO_TS folders.I normally use ConvertXtoDVD to convert evrything i down,but i'm not sure on how to use this program with other files than DivX or Avi's...

Anyone can tell me how i need to burn these files to a dvd?The Vob files etc i mean :)

2. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS with vob and ifo files IS DVD format.

3. Acemath

Gangster

Sorry,i should have guessed it was a noobish question,but it's the first time i encountered these kind of files.So how do i burn them to a dvd?Do i need all files,or only the VOB?

4. jellybeard999

Sgarrista

You need all the files, in the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Burn the two folders to the root of the DVD with the program of your choice.

5. Acemath

Gangster

Is it normal that the AUDIO folder is empty?
    Also:Found one movie where there are 3 VOB files but no VIDEO folder?Do i need to create a folder first and put those VOB files in it?

6. AbsenceJam

Mobster

Use ImgBurn in build mode, put all the vobs, ifos and bups in a folder named VIDEO_TS and burn away. If you only have vobs you don't have the proper DVD structure and you'll need to use an authoring program.

Forget about AUDIO_TS it's for DVD-Audio and you don't need it.