Buy cisk beer

Soldato
Soldato
what Toohey's new...that stuff is probably only about £5 a crate if bought over there...thats some serious mark-up.

Plus its not even that nice!!!

Soldato
rossyl said:
what Toohey's new...that stuff is probably only about £5 a crate if bought over there...thats some serious mark-up.

Plus its not even that nice!!!

It would remind me of being there :) I noticed afterwards they got Coopers too, much preferred that. Wonder how much it would cost for my auntie to send some? :p

Soldato
ever had VB (victoria). My god that stuff was rubbish, tasted horrible i think it was meant to be a bitter? If so worst bitter ever!! It was also a pitiful 3% or something. Along with their XXXX Gold - which was about 3% as well, although tasted better.

I remember some aussie telling me how VB was the best...and me telling him to stop being a puss, get a larger glass and drink something that had a higher alcohol content than vinegar.

This was not me being a "Brit" rather a small part of a large conversation about football...which they know nothing about. Was so happy that the socceroos got knocked out that evening!

Man of Honour
Thanks for reminding me of the Beers Of Europe website, I'm thinking I might just have to buy some Lapin Kulta (Lappish Gold - Finnish Beer) for a friends wedding this year.

VB was pretty rubbish from what I remember, not undrinkable but I'd hope Australia don't export their best as between that, Fosters and Castlemaine I haven't found anything too special yet. :)

Associate
gumbald said:
Ouch, not cheap to buy beer in at all :p I suddenly got a taste for some Tooheys from Australia, £30 a crate removed that taste though.

I'd have a harder look around for that - I used to drink that quite regularly in a few different bars in Cardiff and it wasn't any more pricey than the local stuff.

Soldato
DirtyMonkey said:
I'd have a harder look around for that - I used to drink that quite regularly in a few different bars in Cardiff and it wasn't any more pricey than the local stuff.

I've had it in a Wetherspoons before.

VB isn't the best, one of my relatives in Australia told me that in certain parts it's referred to as Backwash, with the V meaning something that you might be able to guess. It was strange tasting Fosters over there, not special though.

Back
Top Bottom