• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Buying a Samsung 4k TV for gaming on Nvidia GPU

Associate
The Samsung 55 inch NU8000 seems a good choice as it supposedly has very low input lag in its gaming modes. I know that as I have a nvidia gpu i am unable to take advantage of the freesync capabilities but surely switching the tv into freesync mode and enjoying low input lag would be reason enough to go for this one as opposed to another 4ktv with normal "game mode"...

Soldato
The Samsung 55 inch NU8000 seems a good choice as it supposedly has very low input lag in its gaming modes. I know that as I have a nvidia gpu i am unable to take advantage of the freesync capabilities but surely switching the tv into freesync mode and enjoying low input lag would be reason enough to go for this one as opposed to another 4ktv with normal "game mode"...

Is a good TV. I have one using it with my Vega64 and XboneX.

True you won't have adaptive sync with it, but has low input making games even on the PS4Pro feel better.

Associate
I’d get one of the QLED TVs with freesync tbh... then use the freesync to Nvidia cheat to get freesync working on your Nvidia gpu

If you have a Ryzen or cheap AMD card laying around you can do it.

Soldato
I’d get one of the QLED TVs with freesync tbh... then use the freesync to Nvidia cheat to get freesync working on your Nvidia gpu

If you have a Ryzen or cheap AMD card laying around you can do it.

The cheat works only if the user has AMD ryzen APU.

and before you post the link from the article of last week, the techspot updated the article stating is not working. On the contrary, Windows 10 apply vsync on borderless games using RTX cards.

Associate

and before you post the link from the article of last week, the techspot updated the article stating is not working. On the contrary, Windows 10 apply vsync on borderless games using RTX cards.

Really because I’ve seen a video of it working. Maybe you can provide a link to the tech spot update?

Soldato
I'd highly recommend finding a way to test the TV for gaming first. I got a Samsung 6000 series from 2015 and it's great in many ways, but motion blur is a serious problem. Animated series always show it: panning shots judder/smear.

I game on it with a GTX 1070 and I'm generally happy but I'm aware that the blur, and the image processing, take away from the experience slightly.

From what I can tell, other branded TVs don't do this as badly as mine.

Don

Wasn’t that using a driver hack that got debunked. It was a windows reporting error.

Caporegime

It's ok, but there's much better options on the market.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/video-gaming

Like anything, it depends on your budget really.

And yeah, the Freesync thing was just a borderless V-sync windows thing, rather than a real hack.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I'd highly recommend finding a way to test the TV for gaming first. I got a Samsung 6000 series from 2015 and it's great in many ways, but motion blur is a serious problem. Animated series always show it: panning shots judder/smear.

I game on it with a GTX 1070 and I'm generally happy but I'm aware that the blur, and the image processing, take away from the experience slightly.

From what I can tell, other branded TVs don't do this as badly as mine.

Are you running it in 'Game' mode or 'PC' mode. Game mode still adds a bunch of post processing, PC mode turns of everything. The difference is quite noticeable.

Soldato
Are you running it in 'Game' mode or 'PC' mode. Game mode still adds a bunch of post processing, PC mode turns of everything. The difference is quite noticeable.
I've generally had it on PC mode in the past, can't remember if I've set it again since a factory reset. Thanks for the reminder to try again tonight, as I'm on the edge of replacing it :)

Soldato
It's a price thing, tbh. I'm looking at it near my place and they're on par price-wise with the Sony X900F, which is far superior in terms of HDR. Indeed, I wouldn't say HDR on the Samsung does HDR at all. So if you care about that, probably not a good choice. It does have lower input lag & freesync & 1440p/120hz though compared to the Sony. It's really a question of picture quality (Sony wins) vs gaming responsiveness options (Samsung).

Back
Top Bottom