buying clothes of ebay

Soldato
I don’t bother anymore, I did buy a few pairs of diesel shoes and a few prada shirts. To be honest I think they are all fake so don’t use them. I should have known that you cant get a prada T-Shirt for £25 lol

I think at least 80% of the stuff on ebay is fake.

Soldato
Sometimes it's great for sold out tees and ATM I'm keeping my eye out for a love hate Stussy tee that I can't find anywhere in London anymore. :(

Associate
majority of diesel stuff is fake - you can usually judge by the price - anything that isn't the same as or just under the RRP is gonna be a fake I'm afraid, unless it's a one off second hand product that someone's selling.

a tell tale sign is a seller selling a large batch at a low price. i've purchased a "designer" item before i can confirm it was fake. a horrible fake too. i've also purchased something that was quite a bit cheaper than the RRP, but not stupidly cheap. it was not fake. however, from the price, it was easy to tell that the guy wasn't scamming.

the best place imo are the "e-shops" that use eBay... generally stocking genuine products at reasonably discounted prices.

Soldato
spike's said:
does anyone do this?
any good or bad experiances?
how do you make sure your not getting fake stuff? ie diesel stuff?

Like with everything on eBay, it depends on the seller. If the seller has good, legit feedback then I'm sure the item of clothing will be exactly as they explain it.

Permabanned
mks2005 said:
majority of diesel stuff is fake - you can usually judge by the price - anything that isn't the same as or just under the RRP is gonna be a fake I'm afraid, unless it's a one off second hand product that someone's selling.

a tell tale sign is a seller selling a large batch at a low price. i've purchased a "designer" item before i can confirm it was fake. a horrible fake too. i've also purchased something that was quite a bit cheaper than the RRP, but not stupidly cheap. it was not fake. however, from the price, it was easy to tell that the guy wasn't scamming.

the best place imo are the "e-shops" that use eBay... generally stocking genuine products at reasonably discounted prices.

Quoted for truth tbh- there IS a lot of fake stuff out there, but there is a lot of legitimate REAL stuff too (mostly bought cheaply from the Continent/USA/South-East Asia or factory seconds). As long as you:

a) do your homework
b) check their feedback religiously
c) dont buy from people who dont have a lot of sales to their name
d) dont get duped by stupidly-low prices

you can nab yourself a bargain. In fact I'm currently wearing a pair of (real) Diesel jeans that I bought off ebay ;) My trick is to go to the shops, try on a few pairs till I find a style I like, note the measurements and search for it online.

Associate
I buy most of my vivenne westwood tee's on ebay as they tend to sell out in stores straight away. Granted there are a lot of fakes, but if you stick to the good sellers and know what you are looking at then you wont get stung.

Associate
I have bought about 7 pairs of old cut levi 501s only because they stopped making them, ive been paying anywhere between £8-£30. every 1 has been fine , I wash them on a 95° even if they are clean or not.

I also got a pair of Timberland boots because the style I wanted is not made in this country(they are like the standard 6 holes sand coloured boots but with olnly 4 holes). They had been worn once or twice and i paid £40, i just spayed them with athletes foot spray and they were fine too.

Soldato
I've bought 2 pairs of jeans off ebay, a pair of Levi's and a pair of Armani's. The Armani's are fake I think, but they're a nice pair and I knew they would probably be fake. The Levi's I don't think are fake, I haven't seen any fakes on ebay, I don't see why there would be as they don't cost as much as diesel etc.

Soldato
DJammyRasta said:
honestly who cares if they are fake or not if u cant tell the difference? who cares about brandnames to begin with in fact... sheep

90% of the time i would agree with you there, seeing as i only have 1 or 2 branded items. but they are sometimes of a higher quality and will last longer. but ive had the same pair of jeans that i bought for £10 for about 3 years now and they arent broken.

Soldato
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE, did I mention fake? :)

Most people however will not be able to tell the difference so these sellers will get good feedback. You will be misled. Diesel DO NOT sell their jeans to retailers for under £50 a pair, trust me on this ;)

Back
Top Bottom