Buying from a trader, 10% sound right?

Soldato
Hi I'm looking at a lovely 172 in black, advertised at about 5900, is it usually the case that you can take dealers/traders down by about 10% from advertised prices? would put it about bang on the money for condition.

Soldato
All depends on the dealer and their margins.

Some dealers will work on bigger margins than others, so that dealer in particular could have paid £5000 for the Clio and wouldnt want to drop the price much. Whereas he could have picked it up for £3000 so will be more negotionable.

Go with a set price in mind, that you're prepared to pay. If he won't come down to what you want to pay, then walk away and think about it. It's not like there's a market shortage of Clio 172's.

Soldato
Nozzer said:
If you're feeling cheeky, have a gander at the log book, contact the last owner and ask how much the dealer paid for it.

I like the style :cool: Normally they'll only look at dropping it say about £200, well basing this off what Jennings Ford Main Dealer offer me on a £5999 Ford Focus. They'll have given the person far less than that for it, maybe around £4500 mark I would imagine. I'm not in a hurry for get a Focus so can afford to hang around and wait, I mean if it's still there in a few weeks they'll no doubt drop a lot more off the car due to that case :)

Try for things like:

Full tank of fuel
Full MOT
Full years Tax
Mats and Flaps

Good luck and remember, it's their loss if you don't buy it, not your loss if you don't buy it because you can choose any ;)

BeatMaster :D

Back
Top Bottom