1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying prescription sunglasses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ripper, 17 May 2006.

1. Ripper

Capodecina

Anyone know any decent websites to buy prescription sunglasses? Ideally i'd like some similar to my current Bloc sunglasses:
    [​IMG]

But as I have no experience in prescription sunglasses i'm unsure of the styles available, is it basically the same as normal sunglasses? If so where's the best place to get them from?

2. Amps

Mobster

Almost all oakley sunglasses can be made into prescription sunglasses. But its not cheap.

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

yup, expect to pay £300 upwards.

4. Otacon

Capodecina

I just bought some new ones. Personally, I find traditional sunglass frames to big for my tastes, so had some tinted lenses fitted into some 'normal' sunglass frames.

Had RayBans... didnt pay that much less than I would have done for Oakleys, but I'm pleased with what I got :)

5. Stiff_Cookie

Man of Honour

I had a pair that I put in the car. The problem I found with prescription sunglasses is that when I walked indoors everything was dark or went to a movie it was worse. So I tended to carry around my normal glasses to swap out.

In the end I lost my sunglasses and just recently bout a pair that turn dark in bright light, great for Texas.

6. Gideon Moss

Gangster

Ive got a pair I bought before my eyes went bad how much for just the lenses??

7. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

a couple hundred won't give you much change.

8. nomad

Hitman

the problem with the oakleys is that if you eyes are pretty bad, ie you need glasses all the time to not be blind, then you wont get your prescription in oakleys as the technology isnt there yet. :(