1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying the DS Lite in the states ?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Snow-Munki, 18 Jun 2006.

1. Snow-Munki

Capodecina

Hi,

got a mate going to florida mid july and was wondering if it would be a good idea for him to get me a DS Lite over there.

Just checked and they are about £70 so technically save £30, but anything i need to be aware of ? Guess i will not have a warrenty ?

2. punky_munky

Mobster

You'll need a UK charger too but they can be had for around a fiver. He might have a hard time getting hold of one, I don't think there's crazy shortages but he might need to shop around.

3. rudekid

Gangster

Did you check if the price inc sale tax as in the US they add it at the till.

4. stoofa

Capodecina

Nintendo I'm 99% sure would class this as a "Grey Import" and not offer you any European warranty.
    So if anything goes wrong with it they would look at it as an Out of Warranty item and charge you.
    You could however argue that £70 is almost throw away price - so if it does go wrong you aren't too much out of pocket.

I was tempted by the Australian site some people were mentioning so I could get mine a couple of weeks ago or so.
    Yes it was cheaper, but again lack of easy to envoke warranty put me off.

5. Snow-Munki

Capodecina

hmm thanks, probably best not risk it in that case as it was going to be for a present.