buying used ps3 games wise?

Associate
Hi

I'm new to ps3, in fact I don't even own a ps3, I recently bought a ps3 for my nephew and now buying games for him.

I bought modern warfare 2 brand new for £16 thinking that he needs the serial to play online. But I inserted it and started playing and there was no prompt for serial key, a bit strange to see coming from a pc gamer.

Got me thinking, do serial keys mean anything with ps games?

I wanted to buy fifa 12, if I buy a used one will it still work online?

Taling of which any decent family friendly games available?

Soldato
Many games work fine, but its becoming increasingly popular to include a code in the box for an "online pass", thats non-transferable.

Unsurprisingly EA use these a lot. But none of the CoD games have (yet).

kdd

kdd

Soldato
EA and Ubisoft both use an online pass to enable online gaming content, however these are not the same as a serial key for a pc game which is needed to get the game started, an online pass is just a code for online play, the single player content doesn't need a key or pass etc.

Associate
some games have codes for online like EA but the rest of the game works fine and you can always buy the code separately on xbox live / PSN so buying used games is fine, plenty of deals on older games

Soldato
You need to google the game name with 'online pass' to find out but there is probably a list somewhere. I stopped buying 2nd hand games because I kept buying them, only to see the game new for a similar price shortly after.

Back
Top Bottom