Bye Bye HP, Hello OcUK!

Soldato
go guys. A top 50 is SUCH an improvement to where we were 12 months or so ago. We have more folders and the people who are folding are putting more hardware and effort into getting lots of results out.

I might even come back to the dark side......

Are those memory eating units done and dusted now?

HT

Soldato
I might do, I'll have to wait till I have access to my 'server' again. It's off site and just sits crunching. I had to stop folding on it 'cos when it got 4 of those high memory units (400 point intel only ones, I can't remember which folding engine they were using) the responsiveness of the server dropped to unacceptable levels.

I can't work on this dev box when it's folding either it just seems to eat up memory and ith all the other stuff I have running the memory usage is critical for me. sah seems to use a lot less than folding did.... 6000K sound's ok though, I might give it a whirl this afternoon

HT

Man of Honour
Soldato
Oi! HT, the huge-memory using WUs were QMDs. If you find that using gobs of memory is unacceptable you should recall that the default option is for small WUs. These use far less memory then big WUs. In my experience they use between 1 and 20 MiB RAM. Run your client with -configonly and tell it NO when it asks if you want WUs greater than 5MiB. :)

Associate
Looks like we'll be in slot 49 in about 10 hours, shift over AOA Forums :D

Might even make it 48 by the end of next week if we pull up our socks.

Been a pretty up and down week it seems.. and i've had two machines down doing sod all waiting for bits.. can't believe i've dropped out of the Top 20 Producers :mad: :( :eek:

HeeHee

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom